There was a time, not all that long ago, when Sub Ohm Vaping and Cloud Chasing was almost an unspoken word within the industry and it occupied a very small, niche section market due to it being perceived as fraught with danger, you had to push the boundaries with unregulated mechanical mods and super low ohm builds.
Despite all of the safety features built into modern day mods, there is still an element of danger, and it can be dangerous to those without sufficient knowledge. So please be sure to do a little home work if you are new to this way of vaping and if you are new to RDA’s and building your own coils then you should start here.
A few key points to remember-
- Make sure the e cig device or batteries you are using can handle the extra battery power these tanks need to perform. Check out our recommended vape mods for sub ohm compatible e cig devices.
- Check that your device can fire the coils resistances you buy. Not all mods are can fire 0.5 Ohm coils and many more cannot fire 0.2 Ohm coils
- Sub ohm tanks are not for use with standard vape pens / EGO batteries.
- Just because these kind of tanks are available doesn’t mean you need one.
- Sub ohm vaping is generally geared towards direct lung inhale vapers.
- Looking to vape one of these when out and about? Think again. This is after all a list for the best atomizers for cloud chasing. These aren’t made for stealth vaping!
- They are thirsty devices and will drink that e juice like there’s no tomorrow.
With that out the way, for a great cloud chasing atomizer you need big airflow and low
resistance coils, let’s have a look at what I believe to be the best cloud chasing RDAs and tanks in 2016, in no particular order-
The Aspire Cleito was one of the biggest surprises of 2016, I rate it as not only one of the top clearomizer tank for flavor but one of the best for clouds too.
It comes with a 0.4ohm and 0.2ohm Clapton coil head for great flavor and massive clouds, and the Cleito works best with devices that can put out 40w+.
It has three adjustable airflow holes around the base, that have massive airflow intakes and can blow some serious RDA level clouds!
- Huge adjustable airflow
- 0.4ohm and 0.2ohm Clapton coils
- 3.5ml capacity
- Can handle up to 70w
- RBA deck shortly available
There’s probably no other tank out there as versatile as the SMOK TFV4, with a huge range of different coil heads available for it, plus a massive four different rebuild-able coils at the last count!
Coupled with the four huge adjustable airflow slots, you have a tank that quite possibly
produces the biggest clouds out of any known tank, and some of the coil heads are capable of handling over a massive 100w, the quad core coil head can handle an insane 140w!
If you want a tank that can seriously blow the clouds, then the TFV4 is one of the very best there is.
- Huge range of different coil heads
- Massive airflow
- Four different rebuild-able coil heads
- Can handle huge amounts of power
- Top refilling
The Uwell Crown has become one of the most popular tanks on the market because of its
combination of amazing flavor and massive cloud production.
The performance isn’t just down to the huge airflow though, the Uwell Crown sports an RBA deck and the stock coil heads are stainless steel as well as an included Ni200 coil.
The Stainless Steel coils are capable of producing huge amounts of vapor and handling high power, the Uwell Crown I found to perform best at 70w plus with huge dense clouds of vapor!
- Stainless Steel and Ni200 coils
- RBA deck
- Massive airflow
- Top and bottom filling
- Outstanding coil lifespan
Youde Goblin Mini V2
The original Youde Goblin Mini was an outstanding RTA capable of amazing flavor and clouds, but it was let down by a few minor issues such as bottom filling and drip tip that just wouldn’t stay in its fitting!
This time around, the design is pretty much the same, with big airflow geared towards cloud chasers and an expanded four post build deck allowing you to fit bigger builds in, and there is top filling included along with a standard 510 drip tip fitting.
This little RTA is an absolute cloud machine and if high power is your thing, the Goblin Min V2 is just the RTA for you!
- Unique pendulum airflow
- Four post build deck
- Huge juice channels for wicking any VG ratio
- Outstanding at high or low power
- Can handle dual or single coils
Geek Vape Griffin RTA
The Griffin RTA is an RTA from a new manufacturer, Geek Vape, and it is already making waves within the industry.
One of the biggest features of it is the massive Velocity style build deck, which makes large dual Clapton coil builds a breeze, and it’s easy and forgiving to wick too.
The huge juice channels along with the juice flow control mean you can use right up to 100% VG and it will wick perfectly every time.
Airflow on either side is massive and the Griffin RTA is capable of producing some of the biggest clouds from not only a tank, but any atomizer full stop!
- RDA level clouds and flavour
- One of the biggest build decks around
- Can handle 100w+
- Performs incredibly with any type of juice
- Top filling
Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA
The Steam Crave Aromamizer RDTA has been making huge waves within the industry and
become a very popular tank, due to its exceptional performance. It is classed as an RDTA
(Rebuildable Dripping Tank Atomizer) as it essentially functions like an auto fed dripper, with the benefits of a tank.
A three post build deck comes as standard with it, but you can purchase a Velocity styled two post deck which is capable of handling quad coil builds!
The airflow is surprisingly generous and it punches well above its weight when it comes to vapor production.
- Three post deck
- RDA level performance on clouds and flavour
- Can handle any juice ratio
- Very versatile, performs well with any build you put in it
- Velocity build deck available separately
Mutation X V4
The Mutation series of RDA’s have become synonymous with cloud chasing, and you know if you own a Mutation X RDA you are going to experience some huge airflow.
The Mutation X V4 sports some of the biggest airflow on any atomizer to date, with airflow on the side as well as the base, and a 4 post deck with a huge amount of room allowing you to really get creative with your builds.
It’s extremely airy and very much geared towards cloud chasers, there isn’t much that can touch the Mutation X V4 when it comes to huge clouds!
- Massive airflow on the side of the Mutation X V4 as well as the base
- Large 4 post build deck
- Able to build with dual or single coils
- Geared for high power
- Available at a bargain price
Infinite CLT V3 Mini
The Infinite CLT V3 Mini is probably one of the more lesser known cloud chasers RDA’s, but this little unit just screams performance.
It comes with a range of different drip tip options, including one of the largest chuff caps you will ever see, that pretty much spans the circumference of the entire top cap.
There are three large adjustable cyclops airflow slots on either side, and when these are wide open coupled with the chuff cap, the clouds can only be described as absolutely insane!
- Very customizable
- Available cheaply
- Huge vapor production
- Great flavor as well as clouds
- Large build deck space
Flawless Tugboat V3
The Flawless Tugboat V3 is an amazingly popular option with seasoned cloud chasers, due mainly to one thing, the incredibly airy draw.
It sports some of the biggest airflow around on the deck and the top cap, and PEEK insulators to allow for high power vaping.
The Tugboat is an absolute cloud machine and if you want an RDA that is capable of helping you win your local cloud competitions the Flawless Tugboat V3 is a fantastic choice.
- Competition level clouds
- Two post build deck for easy builds
- Top and bottom airflow
- Large 8mm bore drip tip
- PEEK insulators for high power vaping
The Kennedy RDA is the priciest RDA in our list, but boy does this RDA mean business.
It’s sports an airflow system that integrates two 8mm x 3mm airflow slots that maximize your flavor and vapor, making for massive clouds and great flavor, a huge 11mm wide bore drip tip, a huge 3 post build deck that incorporates a massive juice well capable of holding up to 30 drops of juice, an anti spill design as well as the looks being optimized to match a box mod.
It sells out quickly so if you see this in stock make sure you jump on it fast.
- Huge 8mm X 3mm airflow
- 11mm wide bore drip tip
- Huge deck with deep drip well
- Copper contacts for maximum conductivity
- Anti leak design
So there you have it, my top 10 rated cloud chasing atomizers! Be sure to check back for more top 10’s, such as my top 10 flavor atomizers and top 10 RTAs/RDAs for beginners!