Doge X2 RDA by Congrevape – One For Competition Cloud Chasers?
For competition cloud chasers Congrevape brings you the Doge X2 RDA (Rebuildable Dripping Atomizer). This dual coil RDA focuses on just one thing, producing truly massive clouds.
Like some fusion of the Mutation X and the original Doge the X2 features redesigned and improved airflow by making the top three airflow holes the smallest, the middle airflow holes medium, and the bottom airflow holes the largest hole size.
This serves to create a swirling vortex of vapour that should appeal to cloud chasing fans everywhere.
Doge X2 features
- Adjustable Airflow holes are now machined at different sizes from the top to the bottom to vary the air speed coming at the coil.
- This unique design future induce swirling effect, giving you a true vortex inside of the barrel.
- Entire inner barrel diameter is enlarged to 20mm to be able to use different popular drip caps including competition caps.
- 22 mm diameter.
- Deck has no airflow restrictions.
- Negative Posts are milled to deck.
- Interchangeable components with many other popular 22mm Atomizers.
- Huge Post Holes.
- Engraved with all new Doge X Logo.
- Copper centre pin and 510 pin are made of c110 lead free copper (Copper is Made In USA)
- Thick screws for ease of build.
- Deep Juice Well.
- 3 Piece Design.
- Engraved with unique serial number.
- Comes with Competition Cap installed.
- Designed in USA based upon Mutation X RDA (Credit to: Mutation X by Indulgence)
- Stainless Steel “Doge X” Deck, Copper Centre Post installed.
- “Doge X” Barrel, Featuring 16 Air Holes, multiple hole sizes, “Doge X” Logo laser etched.
- PEEK insulator.
- 1x Doge X2 RDA.
- Extra O-Rings.
- Extra Copper Contact Screws (2.5mm).
- Extra Stainless Steel Contact Screws.
- Stainless Steel centre post.
- Extra PEEK Insulators
- Blue Screwdriver
The box is nicely presented containing excellent spares. The RDA itself was completely free of machine oil but I give it a quick rinse anyway.
Doge X2 styling
I think you will either like the styling of this RDA or you won’t. In many ways it looks like a tube with a conical top with another smaller tube on top of that. I don’t think it would get any awards for how it looks but in it’s defence it is quite streamlined and doesn’t try to be anything it’s not.
The top cap is completely secure when fitted but it is also easy to remove. It is not loose in any way. The deck is completely open so the airflow is not restricted. The screws are really large and you can tighten them up lightly with your fingers to trap the wire before tightening down fully with a flat head screwdriver.
The juice well is suitably deep and the O-rings themselves feel durable.
I’m not a huge fan of copper being used in RDA’s whether it is lead free or not. The Doge X2 is fitted with a copper centre post and copper screws and while I appreciate that copper is a excellent conductor and something you might want in a RDA I’d rather not have it anywhere near my juice well.
Thankfully there must be others who will likely feel the same and Congrevape includes a stainless steel centre post as well as stainless screws.
Ease of build
The Doge X2 is a absolute breeze to build. The huge post holes make fitting the wire incredibly easy and the large screws make the whole process extremely straightforward.
While I think the ease of building is newcomer friendly I have to state that it is a dual coil only so it would probably be wise to first learn how to make single coils before progressing to a RDA like this.
The Doge X2 puts out massive clouds
My build was a dual coil using 26AWG (0.4mm) Kanthal. The final resistance of my build was 0.6 Ohm. I wicked the coils with Japanese cotton. I used the Doge X2 on the EVIC-VT 60W and vaped between 45-60 Watts.
For purposes of the review despite my disliking of copper internals in RDA’s I used the device with the pre-fitted copper centre post and screws.
I filled the tank with some Swoke Smiley which is a French e-juice that is 100%VG and zero nicotine.
Fully opened up the airflow on the Doge X2 is completely insane. If you had the lung capacity you could just keep drawing away on it for what seems like forever. This RDA puts out truly massive clouds and does exactly what it is designed to do. If you want to put out loads of vapour then this is going to make you really happy.
Flavour isn’t bad considering this is primarily a cloud chasing RDA and considering the massive airflow I expected that the flavour would be completely lost but as it stands it is okay.
Check Out The Doge V2 in Action With This Video By Suck My Mod
Is the Doge X2 worth it?
If you want a really well made purely cloud chasing RDA with lots of spares then the Doge X2 is going to be a good buy. For anyone who wants more from a RDA than huge clouds they would be best served by looking at others and not this one.
The Doge X2 is priced at £34.99 and for a authentic RDA it is not unreasonable but even so it is pretty much a one trick pony.
Final Review Verdict
A solid RDA that excels at one single role. For huge vapour fans and people who are serious about competitive cloud contests then this would be worth it. To everyone else it’s unlikely to appeal.
- Well machined authentic RDA.
- Excellent spares.
- Huge airflow and wide open deck with no air restrictions.
- Produces massive clouds.
The Not So Good
- Highly specialised. Although not such a bad thing for cloud chasers may not be suitable for other vapers.
- Flavour is okay for a cloud chasing fan but would be considered average or weak for most people.
Get 5% Discount Code Using Discount Code ECIGCLICK2015