Seven smokers on the staff at FHM decided to see what try and give up smoking using seven different methods. These included reflexology, laser acupuncture, Stop Smoking App, *Smartsmoker e cigarettes, *Skycig electronic cigarettes, nicotine patches and hypnotherapy!
Quite a selection there but how did they get on?
What They Tried
- Reflexology – Lucy tried this method but reported it did nothing to help her stop smoking.
- Laser acupuncture – Went a few weeks without smoking but although he is still smoking he has cut back.
- Stop Smoking App – Grant was a light smoker to begin with but has said he still smokes occasionally.
- *Smartsmoker e cigs – Mel tried these but preferred the ease of tobacco cigs and is still smoking as much as he did before.
- Nicotine patches and gum – These were tried by social smoker Jess who reckons she is now even more addicted to nicotine!
- Hypnotherapy – Ten a day smoker Jamie is still smoking as much as before but was told he isn’t that susceptible to hypnotism, add that to the fact he wasn’t (by his own admission) that committed to quitting this is not much of a surprise!
- *SkyCigs electronic cigarettes – Stuart was one of the heaviest smokers on the test going through about 15-20 a day. He also has the added benefit of wanting to cut back on the cigs. The results were good for him helping him cut back to 7-10 cigs a day alongside the Skycig e cigarette, he was happy with the results and recommended them highly!
As I’m sure you may have gathered by now this isn’t exactly a comprehensive scientific study on quitting smoking! Many of those that took part weren’t heavy smokers, although by the sounds of it Jess may be now, and all but one actually stated that they actually wanted to quit or cut back on tobacco cigs.
Actually wanting to quit is a must have for those that want to pack in the fags completely but for those that actually enjoy the ‘act of smoking’ but want another option then electronic cigarettes are definitely a good place to start.
We may be a bit biased here but e cigs were one of the main reasons we managed to pack the cigs in and that’s got to be a good thing right!
*Electronic cigarettes cannot actually be classed as a ‘smoking cessation device’, they are meant as an alternative to smoking