Silverplay V2 RTA by Project Sub Ohm – An Improvement On The Original?
The original Silverplay RTA by Project Sub Ohm was an absolutely fantastic tank, I got my hands on a 1:1 clone and was hugely impressed in my earlier review, but availability in the UK of the genuine version of the V1 was next to zero unfortunately. Thankfully, www.vapour.co.uk have got the genuine version of the PSO Silverplay V2, which promises to offer an even better experience over the outstanding V1.
The already outstanding airflow has been upgraded even more, single as well as dual coil builds can now be accommodated, the juice channels have been widened further, you can access the build deck without draining the tank, refill without needing to fiddle with the fill screw and no less than three different tank options are supplied so you can customise the look of the Silverplay V2.
On paper, all of these improvements look to make the Silverplay V2 the ‘killer’ rebuildable tank, so lets see how it performs…
The packaging is very impressive, the Silverplay V2 comes in a very smart presentation box giving it a very premium feel. Inside the box is-
- Project Sub Ohm Silverplay V2 RTA
- Rifled and spiraled shorty drip tip
- 304 Stainless Steel Tank section
- Two glass tank sections
- Squared top cap (installed)
- Beveled top cap
- Screws and O-ring pack
- Instruction manual
Its really impressive that you get three different tank options right out of the box. Like the V1, the Silverplay V2 is also compatible with existing Kayfun, Orchid, Russian 91 and Silverplay V1 parts, so there’s endless customisation options with this tank.
PSO Silverplay V2 Set Up
The Silverplay V2 is a rebuildable tank, with no build pre installed, so you will need to install your own coil and wick build in order to use this tank. Please ensure you have an ohms reader to hand, along with a knowledge of Ohm’s Law as well as battery safety before you do so!
As per the V1, it’s very easy to disassemble the tank. Everything screws apart nicely and the threading is buttery smooth. As a bonus, this time around you can access the build deck without needing to drain your tank, so you can make adjustments on the fly to your build. You can also fill without needing to use the fill screw as well!
Again the build deck is a generous size, the post holes aren’t the largest around but I had enough room to fit a dual coil build in using 0.4mm kanthal, that came out at just under 0.4ohm, and there are airflow holes at either side of the deck which you want to make sure your coils are positioned over.
You do have the option as well to use the Silverplay V2 in single coil mode as well.
Post screws were able to be adjusted without much fuss and trapped my coil legs down nicely. Noticeably, the juice channels are even wider than they were on the V1! I made sure my wick tails went down into the juice channels to take advantage of this.
As mentioned above, when it comes to filling you have the option of filling via the fill screw or simply by inverting the tank, unscrewing the top section and filling through the fill ports to the side of the chimney.
My fill screw (as per the V1 clone I reviewed!) was screwed in so tightly I couldn’t get it undone, so I have just stuck to filling via unscrewing the top section and this works really well. I had no issue filling with a glass dropper, needle nose bottle or a syringe.
All in all, it’s a very easy tank to set up and get going, and it’s also very forgiving too- I must say I have been a little sloppy with my wicking a couple of times but I haven’t encountered any issues!
Newly designed locking beveled base introduces a highly efficient, accurate, and visible fill method. This new feature also allows for the independent adjustment or rebuilding of the coil configurations without draining the tank and decreases likelihood of leaks.
- Redesigned airflow has been enlarged to an inner size of dual 3.3mm airholes, coupled with a wide array of airflow configurations.
- Negative auxiliary airholes allow for up to quadruple airflow.
- Newly integrated single airflow options can be set for either side of the deck.
- Widened wicking channels for maximal wick rate and ease of build.
- Beveled chimney for increased vapor and flavor production.
- Rifled and Spiraled Shorty Widebore Drip Tip greatly increases flavour and vapour
- Shortened centre post for compatibility with vast majority of Kayfun, Russian, and
- Orchid series of aftermarket and existing parts or accessories.
- Cross compatibility with the Kayfun V4 and backwards compatibility with the SilverPlay™ V1
- Included are two distinctly different top caps for style variance
- Additional glass sections and full steel tank allow for maximum durability.
- 50% increase of liquid capacity from 3ml to 4.5ml over the Silverplay V1.
- High grade PEEK insulator for high heat resistance.
- Comes with signature Project Sub-Ohm™ Packaging.
- 304 Stainless Steel
- 22mm in diameter
- Glass Tank
- High Grade PEEK Insulator
- Dual auxiliary negative post airflow
- Dual 5mm by 3mm main bottom airflow
- Dual 4mm by 3mm auxiliary bottom airflow
- 2 x 5mm by 3mm main airflow holes underneath the coil, 2 x 4mm by 3mm side airflow holes in the negative posts, 1 x 5mm by 3mm main airflow holes for single coil configuration.
- Open 4 airflow holes gives you the cloud chasing mode
- Close 2 negative post side airflow holes while keeping 2 main airflow holes open to be in flavor chasing mode
- Single coil capability (Ability to open only 1 main airflow hole underneath the coil)
- 6mm chimney bore for maximum vapour and flavour production
- Two ways filling system: 1. From center juice channel. 2. Bottom filling screw
- Two included top cap styles – Squared and Beveled
- Adjustable 510 connection for maximum compatibility
- Silver plated copper for maximum conductivity
- Compatible with the majority of Russian 91, Kayfun, Orchid, and SilverPlay™ V1 Parts and their aftermarket accessories (Appropriate top chimney must be used)
- Iconic Project Sub-Ohm™ Engraving
- Individually serialized
- 100% Solely Designed, Engineered, and Developed in the USA by Project Sub-Ohm™
How Does The PSO Silverplay V2 Perform?
So how do all of these upgrades and improvements translate? Very well indeed, in fact these upgrades have translated to producing what I consider to be the best rebuildable tank on the market today!
First off- the flavour. It is absolutely outstanding on the Silverplay V2 and the more power I put through it, the better it gets. Also, the tank stays cool and it has never got uncomfortably warm or hot when in use, even whilst chain vaping, and this is down to the PEEK insulators. It’s able to wick high VG juice with ease, I’ve been vaping the Apollo FaQ range in it, which is 80VG, and it hasn’t struggled with the wicking at all.
Complex juices really shine in the Silverplay V2 with individual flavour notes coming through and becoming very pronounced. I’ve rediscovered a lot of my favourite juices using this tank! If you really want to chase flavour then close the airflow down to the two widest holes – you get fantastic flavour and cloud results with this.
Airflow is outstanding. If you are looking for a cloud chasing tank this is the one for you. There’s lots of different airflow options available, with the airflow at its most wide open setting the Silverplay V2 blows some absolutely huge clouds.
I can’t think of an RTA that can even compete – this is serious dripper level clouds!
The flavour is still excellent even with the airflow wide open. It’s able to handle high power with ease- but be warned, it does drain your juice very quickly. Even though the capacity is now 4.5ml you are likely to find that you refill this often- I have found myself getting through at least three tankfuls of juice a day with the Silverplay V2!
The performance of the Silverplay V2 has made this tank the one that I go to constantly now, it’s now far and away my go to tank!
Final Silverplay V2 Review Verdict
If you are looking for the tank that has it all, the Silverplay V2 is the one for you. Project Sub Ohm have tagged it as the #UltimateRTA and I really do agree with them, because in my opinion the Silverplay V2 is the very best rebuildable tank on the market today.
It’s unparalleled when it comes to flavour and vapour production, it’s dead easy to build on, very forgiving, infinitely customizeable, it looks gorgeous and it’s priced extremely well too. There isn’t another rebuildable out there I have tried that comes close to it!
- Airflow is just unbeatable for an RTA
- Flavour is outstanding
- Top rebuildable tank on the market in my opinion
- Able to get at the build deck without draining a tank of juice
- Able to refill without needing to use the fill screw
- Infinitely customizeable looks
- Easy to build on
- Huge juice channels- handles any juice ratio
- Stunning looks
- Great price
- Extremely versatile tank
- Handles single or dual coil builds
The Not So Good
- I do get the occasional leak out of the airflow holes, but nothing too major
- Fill screw is screwed into the tank very tightly!
- It drains your juice very quickly!
- Airflow is almost impossible to adjust when screwed into a mod
Use Discount Code ECIGCLICK for 5% off