In another installment of our chats with some of the best electronic cigarette companies in the UK we have a chat with the guys over at ROK Universal to get their views on news in the e cigarette world as well as a bit more about the ROK Electronic Cigarette product.
Ecigclick: To start off it would be great to hear a little background on ROK, who is behind the brand and the motivation behind the launch.
ROK: The good ship ROK set sail back in 2009 so we are one of the most experienced and trusted brands in the UK. Our mission is to constantly deliver great products at fair prices.
We ship orders quickly (they leave our warehouse same day) and accurately and offer the best levels of customer service. By doing this we keep all our lovely customers happy and they tell their friends and family which means our loyal customer base grows every daily. We look after our customers well with special offers and a loyalty scheme – ROK Rewards.
The whole team here at ROK are committed to looking after our customers.
Ecigclick: What would you say sets ROK apart from the many other E-Cig brands available?
ROK: Amazing customer service our phones are manned 24/7/364 days a year. Christmas day we are closed!
Quality of product & quality of ingredients. If you buy cheap at the factory gate and sell cheap on the website the product will only let your customers down and reflect badly on us. This is why we pay more to supply a top end product.
The liquid we use in our cartomisers are tested frequently to quality and our liquid we supply is made here in the UK.
Attention to detail our instructions supplied with all our kits are written in plain English to ensure that customers get going quickly without any fuss and we have a video demo of everything we sell on our website. So you can see before you buy.
Along with an easy to navigate website, value for money and variety of hardware & cartomisers and liquids in a variety of strengths and flavours
Ecigclick: What was the first e cigarette you tried and what made you give it a go?
ROK: A US brand that supplied in a metal box. The quality of build was so bad as was the branding and I thought I could do this here in the UK so much better!
Ecigclick: What flavours are you vaping at the moment?
ROK: On my Jet Black I have Vanilla cartomisers and in my ROK Star I have my Virginian Tobacco on the 900mAh battery and Sweet Cherry on the 650mAh battery
Ecigclick: What e cigarette are you vaping at the moment?
ROK: Jet Black, ROK Star and in the car I have one of the disposables. Why, are there other brands available?
Ecigclick: The big news in the e cig world recently was of course the acquisition of BluCigs by Lorillard. What’s your view on this; do you see it as a positive or negative move for the E Cig industry?
ROK: Lorriard I would say are not the biggest Tobacco firm in the US and see e cigs eroding the market over the long term.
So for them investing in Blu gets them into the space early. Great news for Blu as it opens a huge distribution channel over night. I think that the consumer will make up their mind do they want to make the switch over to electronic so do they stick with the BIG tobacco companies brands of look for new independents?
Ecigclick: What regulations do you foresee (if any) coming into place in the UK?
ROK: Hopefully loads. We are completely compliant where as many new suppliers are not and therefore do not have their customers best interests at heart.
We have been awarded the Certificate of Excellence from ECITA
These are the hoops we have to jump through daily:
– All our hardware is CE & ROHS tested to ensure they do not contain any lead.
– Our cartomisers & e liquids are all batch marked for ongoing QC and due diligence to protect our customers and we have then tested here in the UK
– We are members of ECITA (Electronic Cigarette Industry Trade Association) they make the trip down to our offices as part of their bi-annual audit to ensure full compliance.
– As with other e-cigarette companies, we are required to comply with UK CAP marketing regulations on e-cigarettes. This includes avoiding claims that the e-cigarette is a quit smoking device avoiding claims that the e-cigarette is healthy in an absolute sense.
Plus all this lot….
– General Product Safety Regulations 2005, as amended by CHIP4, CLP and REACH in 2009.
– Chemicals (Hazard Information and Packaging for Supply) Regulations (CHIP) 2009
– Weights & Measures (Packaged Goods) Regulations 2006
– Plugs and Socket (Safety) Regulations 1994
– The Waste Electronic and Electrical Equipment Regulations 2006 (WEEE)
– The Batteries and Accumulators (Placing on the Market) Regulations 2008
– The Waste Batteries and Accumulators Regulations 2009
– Consumer Protection (Distance Selling) Regulations 2000
– Electronic Commerce (EC Directive) Regulations 2002
– Data Protection Act 1998
– Health and Safety at Work Act 1974
– Control of Misleading Advertising Regulations (1998)
– Business Protection from Misleading Marketing Regulations (2008)
– Advertising Standards Agency Code, the Enterprise Act (2002), and the Unfair Trading Regulations (2008)
Ecigclick: There have been warnings that ‘Not all ecigs are created equally’. Do you agree with this?
ROK: Yep ensure you buy from the right supplier. There are lots of companies popping up on the net who are not in this for the long haul
Ecigclick: There have been calls for more transparency when it comes to the production and ingredients contained in e-liquids, do you think this is something that needs addressing?
ROK: 100 % Yes!
Ecigclick: What steps does ROK take to ensure their products and e-liquid meets the standards expected by your customers?
ROK: We test our cartomisers e liquid here in the UK. When it comes to our liquids our ROK Star super premium e liquids are made in the UK, blended to our own recipe using USA & European pharmaceutical grade nicotine & dilutants, with grade natural and nature identical flavourings sourced from within the EU.
The bottles (and our cartomisers cartons) are childproof to protect the little ones & all our products we sell have batch codes. We want to ensure our customers are getting the best day in day out
Ecigclick: Where do you see the UK e cig industry as a whole in the next 5 years?
ROK: Regulated I hope. It keeps the short term cowboys at bay knocking out poor quality products that give the whole industry a bad name.
Ecigclick: What advice would you give to tobacco smokers considering trying e cigarettes for the first time?
ROK: Choose a supplier who has are based in the UK. Look for independent feedback facility on their website and read the last 10 posts. Look for a telephone number on the website then call it and see how long it takes for someone to answer it. Look out for logo ISIS (Internet Shopping Is Safe) IDIS (Internet Delivery Is Safe) Trusted Shops and IMRG
If the website promotes their product can help you stop smoking they are breaking the law & if they are offering a free trail move on.
Ecigclick: Where do you see ROK in 5 or even 10 years time?
ROK: Independent, offering the same level of amazing customer service leading the way in innovation.
Ecigclick: What can we expect from ROK in the near future, any exciting developments/new product additions you can share with us?
ROK: We continue to innovate and keep on looking after our valued customers. As for new products well that would be telling.
Big thanks to the guys over at ROK for taking the time to chat with us, its great to learn a little more about ROK Universal!
To find ROK online:
Latest E Cig Articles
Ecigclick was started to take a closer look at the mixed bag of e cigs that were available at the time. We have gone from a handful of reviews in 2010 to now covering a huge range of vaping gear with over 100 reviews and counting today.
I'm available on the blog most days, if you have any questions just use the contact tab and I'll get right back to you!
Latest posts by Jonny (see all)
- Jacvapour Series B Box Mod Preview - July 22, 2015
- Aspire Pegasus Box Mod Release - July 21, 2015
- Heatvape Defender 2 50W Box Mod – New Release Preview - July 14, 2015