How to Check For Counterfeit Vaping Gear
UPDATE: There’s been reports of a spate of FAKE Nitecore battery chargers on the market – please validate yours now – Nitecore Validation.
Following on from our piece about clones in vaping we thought it would be a good idea to have as many of the manufacturer authenticity addresses in one useful place.
There’s nothing worse or indeed potentially dangerous than buying a vape device or tank that you thought was authentic – but is in fact a clone.
Obviously if you have bought a clone in good faith – it may be wise to check before you buy that the site is reputable and the particular product is a good copy [if such thing exists in the larger sense] – social media – YouTube and popular forums are a good place to check.
The links below can be used to check the authenticity stickers/labels on side of most vape products and to double check what you’ve bought is not a fake.
If you are in any doubt about the authenticity of the product you have bought – then first port of call should always be the place of purchase or manufacturer especially if bought online.
The laws around being sold counterfeit goods are a minefield across the globe and in particular regarding online purchases – so check local laws and get yourself armed with the facts.
What to Do if Sold a Fake E Cig Tank or mod
Here in the UK a good port of call to ‘gen up’ on your online shopping rights is the excellent website Money Saving Expert – by consumer complaints guru Martin Lewis and in particular his fact filled article on How To Complain.
Many of the more ‘dodgy’ sellers will do everything they can to refuse refunds or returns – do check the policies on auction sites such as Ebay and follow the dispute process carefully. Although it is quite easy to get a refund via Ebay nowadays.
If you have paid by credit card or Paypal and have had no joy – refer the matter to them by following their complaints procedure and good luck and stay patient because these things can take an age to sort out.
OK, we’ll update this list as we get more URL’s and please feel free to comment below on any we may have missed.
Just before the list and at the time of writing take note that anyone buying an Asmodus 200 watt Minikin should be aware that a batch of counterfeits are on the market.
The company has put a large notice on their website HOWEVER there’s nowhere that I can find to check if yours is real!
There’s a moral there I feel and should you wish to contact the company you can do from the Asmodus Contact Page.
Right, onto the list and we’ll update this when and if we get more info from the manufacturers!
Vape Manufactures Authenticity Check List
- Asmodus Authentication
- Aspire Product Verification
- Aspire Copycat List
- Artery Support – no designated authenticity page
- Augvape has a security code check on the bottom of the website
- Boxer Mods Contact – no verification page
- Cloupor Anti Counterfeit Check – (Half way down page)
- CoilArt Counterfeiting Check
- Coilmaster has security code check at bottom of the website
- Digiflavor – Product verification at the bottom of their website
- Dotmod Support Page – no authenticity check I can find
- Dovpo – Check Authenticity at the bottom of their website
- Efest Batteries and Chargers
- Ephro has security code check on bottom of website
- Eleaf Check Code
- Fumytech has product verification check on bottom of website
- GeekVape Authentication Codes
- Horizon Tech – Verification is about half way down the page
- Hotcig Product Verification
- Hugo Vapor authenticity check page
- Kangertech Authenticity Check
- iJoy Authentic Security Check
- Innokin Verify Your Device
- Joyetech – How to Validate Authenticity Code
- Joyetech Copycats
- Nitecore Battery Chargers – how to spot a counterfeit
- OBS Security Checker
- Oumier Verify Centre
- Pioneer4U Contact – no dedicated page I can find
- rocVape Contact Page – no designated check page
- Sense – Check at bottom of website
- Neither Sigelei UK nor Segelei.com seem to have a dedicated counterfeit page
- Smok Support and Product Verification (Scroll Down To Find)
- Smoant Authentic Verification Page
- Smowell Security Code
- Steamcrave Authenticity Check
- Teslacigs has a code checker at the bottom of the website
- UD/Youde Authenticity Checker
- Uwell Authenticity Guide
- Vaperesso has a code checker at the bottom of the website
- VoopooTech Product Code Query
- Wismec Serial Number Check
- Wotofo has a code checker at the bottom of the website
- YIHI SX
- Yosta Contact – no designated check page
List will be regularly updated – please contact us to make any changes and additions.