The White Cloud ZFG Starter Kit
The White Cloud ZFG Starter Kit is a device which uses interchangeable cartridges which are just snapped onto the battery and away you go.
This is marketed as a hassle free vaping device – even the charger and cartridges are connected with magnets so no screw thread to contend with.
The starter kit requires you to choose the flavour and strength of the supplied cartridges before purchase and you can select the type of charging adaptor. It does appear that both cartridges will be the same flavour and strength.
What’s In The Box
- 2 x ZFG Batteries
- 2 x ZFG Pre-filled Cartridges
- USB Charger
- USB Adaptor (US 2 pin plug)
- Warranty card – I didn’t find this or any instructions in my box.
- Length: 2.46 inches (62 cm)
- Diameter: 0.681 inches (1.7 cm)
- Weight: 16g
- Type: Lithium Polymer (LiPo)
- Capacity: 450mAh
- Approximate charging time: 2 hours
- Only compatible with the ZFG cartridges and charger
- Magnetic top connector – connector to cartridge and charger magnetically.
- Length: 2.7 inches (68.59 cm)
- Diameter: 0.681 inches (1.7 cm)
- Weight : 10 g
- Liquid volume: 2.5 ml
- Only compatible with the ZFG battery
- 6 different flavours available
- Various Nicotine strengths available :
Build Quality & Design
I am in the UK and had never heard of White Cloud so had a good nose around online and they appear to be the “go-to” company for beginners for cig-a-like and similar easy to use starter devices.
However White Cloud have a very loyal fan base who are grateful for their products helping them quit the stinkies – and the word on the net is that the company is very well loved by many.
Converting the price of 59.95 dollar to UK pound shocked me a bit. This is pretty expensive – way more than you would pay for a more advanced device. But the cartridge prices are reasonable. So for this to have the White Cloud logo and be part of their range it does appear that people are happy to pay this – plus after all it’s still cheaper than smoking.
The mouthpiece is the same lovely rubber as the disposable version – the Fling Wide Mini.
The cartridge does however feel a bit “wobbly” when attached to the battery – you worry it will fall off – which it doesn’t as it is held together magnetically.
This is quite a lot bigger than the disposable version but it is worth it to be able to recharge the battery.
There are 6 different flavour cartridges with 6 different nicotine strengths.
The flavours are:
- Regular : “Perfectly bold and mildly sweet, White Cloud’s Regular tobacco flavor has been satisfying vapers for years. The bold taste of tobacco and subtly sweet undertones will keep you puffing all day long.”
- Menthol : “Refresh your senses with this invigorating flavor. White Cloud’s Menthol flavor unites the bold tones of tobacco with the coolness of fresh mint for a refreshingly cool vaping experience.”
- Zero K : “Take in the freshness of a snow-covered mountaintop without climbing any mountains. As the coolest flavor on the block, White Cloud’s Zero K e-cig flavor blends the classic taste of menthol with the cool zing of peppermint for the ultimate in minty freshness. “
- Cinnamon : “Wake up your taste buds with a little bit of Cin. Sinfully sweet with just the right amount of spice, this White Cloud favorite packs full cinnamon flavor into each and every puff. “
- Vanilla : “No need to wait for dessert and definitely no need to decide between 1 scoop or 2. With White Cloud’s Vanilla e-cig flavor, you can enjoy the sweet taste of creamy vanilla ice cream all day, every day.” (This was my favourite flavour on the disposable version – the Fling Wide Mini – tasted like Drumstick Lollies – more of an Ice Cream flavour than a horrible synthetic flavour.)
- Espresso : “Chock-full of the robust taste of fresh coffee beans, White Cloud’s Espresso e-cig flavor will keep your coffee cravings at bay all day without keeping you up all night.” (I also had this flavour in the disposables I reviewed – and it was just like very strong coffee- pretty accurate!)
How Does the White Cloud ZFG Starter Kit Perform?
There were no instructions in the box sadly so I just plugged a battery into the USB charger and into the port of my PC – one battery lit up and the other didn’t? After trial and error it appears the light on the tip of the battery is lit when charging and turns off when fully charged.
Just place the charger next to the battery connector and the magnetic force pulls them together you have to get them the correct way around – you can’t install them the incorrect way around.Insert the other end into a suitable USB outlet and leave to charge until the light extinguishes.
How To Change the Cartridge
The cartridge is secured to the battery magnetically.
It will only fit one way around as there are grooves in the connector.
- Simply pull the old cartridge away from the battery – a slight magnetic resistance is felt but nothing too powerful and easily pull apart.
- Attach the new cartridge to the battery by simply lining them up and allowing them to connect with the magnet.
Flavour & Cloud Production
I was supplied with 2 cartridges in 1.6% nicotine strength and Cinnamon infused flavour.
White Cloud website states they are not refillable.
The nicotine strengths listed were unusual compared to those on offer in the UK. By law (because of the TPD regulations) we are only permitted to be supplied with a maximum nicotine strength of 20mg (2.0 mg/ml).
The White Cloud cartridges are 2.5ml capacity with nicotine strength of up to 5.4% (Equivalent to 54mg or 5.4mg/ml in the UK). Which is HIGH!
On their website the 5.4% strength is aimed at people who smoke 2+ packs a day. In the UK a pack is equivalent to 20 cigarettes? I would normally recommend smokers who start vaping try between 1.2-1.8mg/ml strength and then adjust as required. So this 5.4% seems very high!
The airflow is a perfect MTL(Mouth to Lung) airflow. There is a little airflow hole between the cartridge and battery. The airflow is slightly tighter than the disposable version but to me still great.
As I found with the disposable version of this they are really really close sensation to smoking it’s a lovely feeling. The mouthpiece is smooth soft rubber, the end lights up when you inhale.
This is an automatic device – no buttons or switches you simply inhale and the sensor triggers the battery to deliver the vapour. The sensor responds immediately as you inhale – no lag or sucking until your face turns purple.
One thing to check when you inhale is that your hand doesnt block the airflow hole as you might turn purple then!
It has a very quiet hiss which does continue for a second after you stop inhaling.
Sadly the Cinnamon flavour isn’t for me – I would love this with the White Cloud Bora Bora or Vanilla flavour – which I had in the disposable versions. However taste is a personal thing and this does give out a strong good flavour – if you like Cinnamon. The flavour was extremely accurate to the point I even felt it make my tongue go a bit dry like real cinnamon does!
What I Like
This is so easy to use and a lovely smoking sensation.
What I Dislike
No instructions in the box so I was scratching my head a bit trying to work out which battery was charged and which wasn’t?
Final Review Verdict
I didn’t use this as much as I did the disposables as the cinnamon flavour really wasn’t for me. But it performs wonderfully and I enjoyed the sensation. In a different flavour I would be using this as much as the disposable versions I had. But the flavour was as described and strong without being overpowering.
The “Mom” test – could I give this device to my (cig-a-like using) mom to use? Definitely this is close to the devices she is already using but with a better performance and taste.
The ratings in my review represent this device in comparison with other starter mini E-Cig devices – not big cloud chasing advanced sub ohm equipment.
If you like the White Cloud E-liquid flavours but want a more advanced device – you can buy the liquids on their own and use in your own equipment.
My introductions so far to the White Cloud range of products is very positive – everything worked as expected and tasted as described.
Have you used White Cloud ZFG Starter kit?? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below!
- Very low maintenance – you buy pre-filled cartridges and only have to charge battery
- Lovely vaping experience very close to a cigarette to me
- Lots of flavours and nicotine strengths of cartridges to choose from.
- A huge step up in performance, battery capacity and flavour to cig-a-likes.
- The flavours I have tried in White Cloud range match their descriptions.
- So easy to use.
- Quite expensive
- Can’t refill the cartridges