The Exceed Grip By Joyetech Previewed
The Joyetech Exceed Grip is a new release which combines two of Joyetechs previous product ranges.
- Estimated Release Date: 30th April
- Price: £19 / $25 / €22
So the Exceed Grip according to its pedigree should be feature packed, small but easy to use! Is that the case? Let’s have a look and see!
First off this is definitely small but is more of a Pod Mod style device than an all in one.
The e-liquid lives in the cartridge. This slides in and out of the battery unit.
There are two types of cartridge tailored to different vaping styles and users. You do get both types in the kit.
- Standard Cartridge – this is more like a “tank” with a removable and replaceable coil head. This is more for DTL sub ohm vapers with a 0.4ohm EX-M coil head.
- Pod Cartridge – this is more like a “pod mod” style cartridge. The coil cannot be replaced so you change the whole pod when the coil is past its best. The included coil is 0.8ohm Mesh and is better for higher nicotine or nicotine salts and MTL vapers.
We tell you the difference between vaping styles in our Guide to MTL and DTL.
Both cartridges are refillable and they have different airflow settings for each style. The airflow is not adjustable.
Over to the battery unit. This has an internal 1000mAh battery and the output is not specified.
However apparently Joyetech say it will adjust the power output to suit the coil installed.
There is a fire button and battery level indicator light.
Also included is the DBP function. This basically stands for Dry Burn Protection. This is a way of sensing when the e-liquid level is low and prevents the mod firing to save you burning out your coils. I would imagine it is similar to Temperature Control.
Here is a short introduction video to the DBP technology from Joyetech.
There are 6 colours to choose from – Mystery Blue, Rainbow Tattoo, Skull Stone, Blue, Black and White.
- Joyetech Exceed Grip Battery unit
- Standard cartridge including coil
- Pod cartridge
- Spare coil
- USB cable
- User manual
Joyetech Exceed Grip Specs
- Size: 74x40x21mm
- Output: Intelligent variable voltage output
- Battery: 1000mAh (Internal)
- LED battery indicator
- Coils: 0.4ohm (In standard Cartridge – replaceable) / 0.8ohm Mesh (In Pod Cartridge – not replaceable)
- E-liquid capacity: 4.5ml (Standard Cartridge) / 3.5ml (Pod Cartridge)
- DBP Technology
- Push in cartridge installation
- LED battery indicator light
This looks to be a funky little kit!
Will you be buying the Joyetech Exceed Grip? Let me know what you think of the kit in the comments below!