The Uwell Caliburn G is the latest in the popular Caliburn range of pod kits.
What Is New About The Uwell Caliburn G?
For a start the device looks a lot different and the ridges on the body are designed to be easier to grip.
As with the original there are two methods for firing – either use the automatic inhale sensor which triggers the fire or you can press the circular fire button.
The fire button also allows you to lock the device with 5 clicks on and off.
Inside the mod is a 690mAh capacity battery and this is rechargeable via the USB Type C port.
The maximum output is stated as 18W.
This time there are 2 airflow settings – you achieve the adjustment by removing and turning the pod 180°…
- Restricted Direct To Lung – this is set when the pod and device airflow channels are aligned close together.
- Mouth To Lung – this setting is activated when the pod and device airflow channels are on opposite sides.
For more details on the terms Mouth To Lung and Direct To Lung read our Guide to Vaping Styles.
To refill the pod the mouthpiece is removable and this exposes the top fill port which has a sealing valve to help reduce leaking.
As an improvement to the Koko and Caliburn on the G version you can replace the coils – which should make this kit cheaper to run – but the downside is that it is more fiddly for those who want avoid faffing!
So far there appears to be only 1 coil type available – the UN2 Meshed-H 0.8ohm coil.
There are 6 colours to choose from: Blue, Grey, Red, Rosy Brown, Green and Black.
- Kit contents not specified at time of writing.
Uwell Caliburn G Specs
- Size: 108.3×22.5×12.6mm
- Material: Aluminium Alloy and PCTG
- Output: 18W max
- Battery: 690mAh (internal)
- Display: LED Indicator
- Button or draw activated firing
- E-liquid capacity: 2ml
- Turn pod around for 2 airflow inlet options
- Pods: Refillable, replaceable coil
- Coil options: UN2 meshed H coil
- Type C USB – charge rate not stated
- Top pod fill port
This is definitely more handsome than the original Caliburn, I am a bit disappointed that the battery is only slightly bigger (was 520mAh on original and now 690mAh) but it is a step in the right direction.
Also replaceable coils and two airflow settings are a huge improvement.
Do you think you will be buying the Uwell Caliburn G? Let me know in the comments below!