The iTaste Kroma by Innokin – Introduction
I’ve been a firm fan of Innokin ever since I first started vaping! They really do make some great quality products. And their latest release is certainly no different!
So without further ado, Ladies & Gentlemen I present to you the compact and beautifully formed Innokin iTaste Kroma TC Mod with Slipstream Tank.
UPDATE: This kit has been upgraded to the Innokin Kroma A – Review here.
What’s In The Box
- 1 x Innokin Kroma Temperature Control Personal Vaporizer
- 1 x Slipstream Tank
- 1 x 0.8ohm Kanthal Coil (Pre-installed)
- 1 x 0.5ohm Stainless Steel Coil
- 1 x 510 Adapter (for use of other atomizers)
- 1 x 510 Tool
- 1 x Stainless Steel 510 Driptip
- 1 x Micro USB Charging cable
- 1 x Bag of spare O-rings
- 1 x User Manual
Innokin iTaste Kroma TC 75W Mod
- 72mm tall
- Inset 510 threaded connector
- AETHON Chipset
- Compact, fashionable mid-power mod
- Fire button with battery level indicator
- Internal 2000mAh Battery
- Variable power output 6 to 75 Watts
- 5 Amps Max output current
- 5 Amps Max working current
- 5 Volts Max output voltage
- 150 to 315ºC (in 5ºC increments) Temperature control range
- 1 Ohms Minmum atomizer resistance
- Ni 0.1 to 0.2Ω, Ti 0.1 to 0.5Ω, SS 0.2 to 1.0Ω, TC atomizer resistance range
- Recommended TC coil wire: Stainless Steel (SS)
- OLED display on side of mod
- USB charge port on front of mod
- Comes with mini USB cable
- 2A fast charge capability
- Pass through, vape while charging facility
- Press fire button three times for on/off
- Comes with 15 sec cut-off, low volts, short circuit & overheat protection
- Has built-in puff counter
- Total TC Dry Hit Prevention
- Ultrafast 0.2 sec from Fire to Vapor
- Ultra-low Standby Power Consumption
- Variable Ramp-up Wattage Pre-Boost
- Easy to use vaping kit with advanced features
- Fashionable design in 7 colourways
- Available in Grey, Blue, Black, Red, White, Silver or Purple.
Innokin Slipstream Atomizer Tank
- 2ml E-Liquid Capacity
- Toughened Pyrex glass tube
- Stainless steel tank construction
- Standard 510 screw connector
- Wide bore delrin drip-tip
- Top airflow control (AFC) ring with 3 slots
- Child resistant Press-down and unscrew top cap for filling/coil change
- Comes fitted with a Slipstream stainless steel atomizer coil
- Discreet, low profile tank
- Fully TPD compliant
Build Quality & Design
The Innokin Kroma TC mod is an incredibly compact vaping kit packed with lots of great features that, in my personal option, put a lot of the more expensive devices currently on the market to shame.
The first striking feature of the devices is its sporty styling and very eye-catching look.
The main body of the mod is constructed from a light-weight alloy combined with a knurled plastic grip section covering the rear of the device.
There’s a bit of weight to the mod due to its internal 2000mAh lipo battery but it’s still very pocket friendly thanks to its compact size.
The stainless steel 510 threaded connection at the top of the Innokin Kroma is actually recessed down inside the body of the mod, which gives the impression that the Slipstream tank is an RDA, had me going for a few seconds!!
In addition to the recessed 510 connection, Innokin have also provided a 510 adaptor which when attached to the mod allows you to use all your other RTA’s and RDA’s with the Kroma.
Down the side of the mod we have a viewing window which matches up to the glass section of the Slipstream tank, allowing you to keep an eye on the level of your e-liquid.
Although personally I have struggled with this and have opted to unscrew the top cap of the tank to check juice levels.
Below the window we have are standard arrangement of ‘Fire’ button and the ‘+/UP’ & -/DOWN’ buttons all of which appear to be plastic in construction but provide a good solid click when pressed.
Below the ‘-/DOWN‘ button you will find the micro USB port for charging the mod.
- Turn the device ON and OFF: 3 Clicks of the FIRE button
- Cycle through Vape Modes: Press & hold ‘+’ and ‘FIRE’
- Adjust power (Wattage) in TC Mode: Press & hold ‘-’ and ‘FIRE’
- Rotate Menu display: Press & hold ‘+’ and ‘-‘
In addition to operating the mod, the FIRE button also provides a visual indication, via an LED, of the internal battery power level:
- Green = Fully Charged
- Yellow = Half Power
- Red = Low Power / Charge required
When connecting the Slipstream tank, or any other atomizer to the Kroma, the mod will automatically detect that a tank with coil has been attached and will prompt you for your desired coil material selection.
Coil Selection Mode Menu:-
<SAME> – Same coil with previous settings
<Ni> – Ni200 – Nickel Coil
<Ti> – Titanium
<SS> – Stainless Steel 316L
<W> – Wattage
You can also select or change your coil selection by pressing and hold the ‘Fire’ and ‘+/Up’ button simultaneously for 3 second to enter the coil selection menu.
Then use the ‘+’ & ‘-’ buttons to scroll through the choices of coils, finally pressing ‘Fire’ to confirm your selection.
Likewise, in either wattage or Temperature Control mode, to adjust the wattage/temperature setting:
- Press and hold the ‘+’ or ‘-‘ until the display begins to blink on & off, then adjust your power accordingly
- Finally pressing the ‘Fire’ button to lock your selection.
Temperature Range can be adjusted from between 150-315°C and 300-600°F in 5° increments. Switching the Innokin Kroma between Fahrenheit °F and Celsius °C can simply be done by ‘Round Robin’.
Menu & Settings Display
The menu and settings display is located on the side of the Kroma mod.
Here you will find all the information relating to coil ohms, wattage & temperature setting, battery level and puff duration.
As a note, the puff duration of the Kroma is set to a maximum of 15 seconds after which the mod will cut out. This is non-adjustable.
And that is the Innokin iTaste Kroma mod. Now let’s have a look at the Slipstream tank.
Innokin Slipstream Tank
The Slipstream is very simplistic both in appearance and design.
At the top of the tank there is a standard black delrin 510 driptip.
A second stainless steel driptip is included in the kit if you prefer or alternatively you have the option of using your own.
The top section of the tank has two features. Firstly it’s the Airflow control for the tank with twin slot type airholes located on opposite side of the top-cap.
These measure approximately 10mm x 1mm, so not masses of airflow but they do provide a very smooth direct lung vape albeit slightly restricted.
In addition to airflow the top-cap also provides access to the coil and for tank filling.
This is achieved by pressing down on the top-cap and then unscrewing anticlockwise, a bit like a childproof cap on a bottle as it were!!
Once open you will find the coil, 0.8ohm Kanthal pre-installed, attached to the underside of the topcap.
The tank section of the Slipstream is constructed primarily from stainless steel and has a Pyrex glass inner section providing viewing windows to enable juice levels to be checked.
As with a number of other tanks currently on the market, the coils for the Slipstream are attached to the top cap and not the base of the tank.
The coil only comes into contact with the base section once the juice has been filled and the top cap has been screwed back into place.
How To Fill The Slipstream Tank
A note on filling the Slipstream.
The maximum capacity of this tank is 2ml and this is highlighted on the outer casing of the tank which happens to be level with the top of the glass window sections.
I know that there may be a temptation to add a few more extra drops of your favourite e juice when filling up, but believe me you will be wasting that precious juice.
The stock coil takes up a considerable amount of space inside the tank and will displace the e-liquid to make room for itself.
Overfill it and you’ll have juice pouring out of the topcap before its even had a chance to be seated in place. Been there, done it, have the t-shirt!!
And finally, the base of the Slipstream which has a standard 510 connection with a non-adjustable and non-protruding silver plated pin
How Does The Innokin iTaste Kroma Perform?
I’ve been using the Kroma and Slipstream on a daily basis ever since I received it for this review and I have to say that it’s a great little combo.
Compact, stealthy, extremely pocket friendly and aesthetically very striking without being gaudy!
Performance of the temperature control with the stainless steel stock coils was pretty much spot on, not a dry hit in sight even after vaping the tank virtually bone dry.
Battery life was exceptionally good for the 2000mAh internal lipo battery which pretty much lasted the best part of a day vaping at about 40w / 240ºC.
Charging the battery is very quick thanks to the 2A fast charge capability.
What I Liked
The simplicity of the Kroma mod & Slipstream tank make this kit a complete joy to use.
Attach a coil, pre-wick it, fill the tank, insert coil and you’re ready to vape!!
It’s also very pocket friendly so great to take with you when your out and about.
Battery life is very respectable for a 2000mAh internal lipo, which was lasting me the best part of a day while vaping at about 40w.
What I Disliked
There’s two issue I have with the Kroma, firstly the menu display is very dimly lit.
In normal outside daylight the screen can be a bit hard to read, I’m assuming this has been done to reduce the drain on the internal battery.
Personally I’d rather have a better lit screen and sacrifice a little bit of battery life.
Secondly, the 510 adaptor!
Attaching this to the mod can be a bit cumbersome especially with the provided 510 tool.
In the end I opted to screw my chosen RTA to the adaptor first and then screwed the adaptor into place.
The downside of this was that when I removed the RTA the adaptor would also unscrew.
Not the end of the world I know but it can be a little frustrating at times.
Final Review Verdict
The iTaste Kroma kit is another greater little piece of hardware from Innokin.
Compact, stealthy and sporty in appearance this is an excellent kit for anyone looking to get into temperature control at an affordable price or looking for a pocket friendly setup.
- Price point – Very easy on the wallet
- Easy to setup and use
- The internal 2000mAh Lipo gives great battery life
- Dimly lit menu screen
- 510 adaptor can be awkward to attach to the Kroma