How to Check For Counterfeit Vaping Gear
UPDATE: There’s been reports of a spate of FAKE Nitecore battery chargers on the market – please validate yours now – Nitecore Validation.
Following on from our piece about clones in vaping we thought it would be a good idea to have as many of the manufacturer authenticity addresses in one useful place.
There’s nothing worse or indeed potentially dangerous than buying a vape device or tank that you thought was authentic – but is in fact a clone.
Obviously if you have bought a clone in good faith – it may be wise to check before you buy that the site is reputable and the particular product is a good copy [if such thing exists in the larger sense] – social media – YouTube and popular forums are a good place to check.
The links below can be used to check the authenticity stickers/labels on side of most vape products and to double check what you’ve bought is not a fake.
If you are in any doubt about the authenticity of the product you have bought – then first port of call should always be the place of purchase or manufacturer especially if bought online.
The laws around being sold counterfeit goods are a minefield across the globe and in particular regarding online purchases – so check local laws and get yourself armed with the facts.
What to Do if Sold a Fake E Cig Tank or mod
Here in the UK a good port of call to ‘gen up’ on your online shopping rights is the excellent website Money Saving Expert – by consumer complaints guru Martin Lewis and in particular his fact filled article on How To Complain.
Many of the more ‘dodgy’ sellers will do everything they can to refuse refunds or returns – do check the policies on auction sites such as Ebay and follow the dispute process carefully. Although it is quite easy to get a refund via Ebay nowadays.
If you have paid by credit card or Paypal and have had no joy – refer the matter to them by following their complaints procedure and good luck and stay patient because these things can take an age to sort out.
OK, we’ll update this list as we get more URL’s and please feel free to comment below on any we may have missed.
Just before the list and at the time of writing take note that anyone buying an Asmodus 200 watt Minikin should be aware that a batch of counterfeits are on the market.
So it just goes to show fake vapes still exist, especially for the higher end brands!
Right, onto the list and we’ll update this when and if we get more info from the manufacturers!
Vape Manufactures Authenticity Check List
- Asmodus Authentication
- Aspire – Bottom Of Page
- Aspire Copycat List
- Artery Support – no designated authenticity page
- Augvape – Bottom of the Website
- Cloupor – (Half way down page)
- Coilmaster – Bottom of the Website
- Digiflavor – Bottom of their website
- Dotmod Support Page – no authenticity check I can find
- Efest Batteries and Chargers
- Ephro – Bottom of website
- Horizon Tech – Verification is about half way down the page
- Hugo Vapor
- Joyetech – Scroll Down For Authenticity Check
- Joyetech Copycats
- Justfog Serial Code Checker
- Hellvape – Bottom of Website
- HorizonTech – Half Way Down Page
- Kaees – Bottom of Website
- Kangertech Authenticity Check
- Lost Vape – Anti Counterfeit Technology
- Oumier Verification
- OBS Verification
- Oumier Verification
- SenseTech – Check at bottom right of website
- Sigelei – Check at bottom of website
- Smok – Contact Support
- Smoant Authentic Verification Page
- Steamcrave Authenticity Check
- Think Vape – Bottom of Website
- ThunderHead Creations – Security check link is at the bottom of the page
- UD/Youde Authenticity Checker
- Uwell Authenticity Guide
- Vandy Vape – Bottom of the Website
- Vapefly – Bottom of Website
- Vaperesso – Bottom of the Website
- Vapor Storm Verification
- Vaptio Validation
- VGOD – Clone and Authenticity Checker
- VoopooTech Authenticity Query
- Wismec Serial Number Check
- Wotofo Security Check
- YIHI SX
List will be regularly updated – please contact us to make any changes and additions.