Introduction – The Revenger Kit By Vaporesso
The Vaporesso Revenger from was one of the most eagerly awaited devices to come from the company behind Vaporesso, Shenzhen SMOORE Technology.
Vaporesso are responsible for bring us the kits like Target Pro, Target Mini, Tarot Pro, Nebula, as well as several tanks and RDA’s like the Transformer RDA and the Gemini Tank. They also have the mini version of the Revenger.
Today we are going to take a detailed look at Vaporesso’s newest flagship kit the Revenger 220w mod along with the NRG tank.
In The Box
- Revenger 220 Mod
- NRG Mini Tank
- NRG4 0.15Ω GT4 Core Coil (Pre-Installed)
- NRG8 0.15Ω GT8 Core Coil
- Replacement Glass Tube
- Vaporesso USB Cable
- User Manual
Vaporesso Revenger 220 Mod
- Omni board 2.0
- 45mm Length 89mm Height 28mm Depth
- 5W – 220W Power Range
- 96′ OLED Display
- Minimum firing resistance of 0.05Ω
- Multiple Vaping Modes
- Temperature Control range 100°C – 315°C / 200°F – 600°F
- Requires two 18650 Batteries (Not Included)
Vaporesso NRG Mini Tank
- 47mm Height
- 23mm Diameter
- Stainless Steel Construction
- 48g Weight
- 2ml Capacity
- 510 Threading
Design and Build Quality
Like most of the kits I’ve had from Vaporesso the Revenger kit comes in a book like box and is well presented!
This kit had me dribbling the moment I opened it lol what a beautiful looking kit, I’ve got the blue and black version.
The colour of the NRG Mini tank is a perfect match to the Revenger; the tank is Stainless Steel, Pyrex and Delrin it also has a pre-installed 0.15Ω coil head.
The Revenger 220 Mod chassis is made of a zinc alloy with plastic front and back cover, the back cover (battery door) is magnetised.
Both the front and back are like mirrors in this respect are fingerprint magnets. The mod has a very nice switch fire button, USB port and three adjustment buttons and runs the company’s latest on board chip “Omi board 2.0” which boasts a quick charge system and battery balance.
All in all I would say that the build quality and overall design of this kit is excellent.
A quick basic guide to setting up the Revenger and NRG tank for First use
To change coils in the NRG Mini tank:
- Turn it upside down and remove base and old coil, if you have used the tank before I recommend you empty any remaining liquid.
- Pre wick your new coil and install then replace the coil and base
To fill the tank:
- Find the arrow on the top cap and slide open (very much like the beast tanks).
When first using the Revenger Mod, open the magnetic battery cover and place two 18650 batteries in the sled, being mindful of battery orientation, the unit will come on automatically.
The Revenger should be set to the factory default of wattage, if not please read the simple guide below for the menu system explanation.
The Menu System
The menu system is where I feel Revenger falls down a little, the amount of button presses that you need to do to access some parts of the menu are ridiculous, however I’ll go over them as best as I can, the manual doesn’t do a good job of explaining things in layman’s terms and seems to be all over the place, so put the manual away this is how I use the Revenger.
- 5 clicks of the fire button to turn on and off (no functions while off).
- While turned on, hold the mode (centre) button and fire button together, this will let you know which version you have and tell you the current firmware version.
- Hold the plus & minus button to flip the screen.
- In VW mode, click x3 the mode (centre) button – two options VW or CCW (curve mode).
- To change to TC mode hold the mode button in until the display shows VT – by long presses of the mode button you can select your wire type SS, Ni, Ti.
- In TC mode click x3 the mode (centre) button the options you get are VT, CCT and TCR.
- If you keep long pressing the mode button and you will be given options for TCR 1,2, Bypass, System Set.
- The settings menu allows you to adjust VW mode, VT mode, time, Smart mode, and screen timeout, and an exit menu option.
How Does The Vaporesso Revenger Kit Perform?
Revenger 220w Mod
The Revenger works in wattage for kanthal and SS. In Temp control, using SS, Ni, Ti.
The mod has an option for Bypass, TCR 1,2 and setup. (Please see above for how to use the Menu). The Revenger has options called CCW and CCT which are Vaporesso’s version of curve and pre heat functions.
*I do recommend that as soon as you can, you update the firmware for this mod; it fixes some little errors in the original release! Like the puff count, you can find the update by going to the Vaporesso website.
Out of fairness I will state I have been in possession of this kit for over a month now it took me a while to nail the menu system down to be confident enough to do this review.
See The Revenger In Action With My Video Review
How the Coil Heads Perform
Using the NRG Mini with the pre installed GT4 0.15Ω coil head at 40w with Dinner lady Lemon Tart and the puff strength set to normal.
40W M2L style the flavour was very good and the vapour was ok
60w S2L style the flavour was good the vapour was thick it was a nice warm vape
Chain vaping at 60w the NRG tank does get quite hot.
For Temp Control I used my Apocalypse RDA with SS316 Clapton’s 0.4Ω s at 420F and Sucker Punch liquid from the King of Clouds.
75w with puff strength set to normal I was getting a nice warm vape with plenty of vapour the flavour was good.
Changing up to VW mode with the same wire and RDA!
80w produced a great deal of vapour the flavour was very good,
100w and 120w the vapour was very hot for me and there was plenty of it, the flavour was also ok not as good as at 80w.
I have been using Sony VTC 5a batteries in the Revenger and have had good battery life from it so far. Out of a matter of interest when my batteries became depleted I recharged them using the on board charger (USB). As far as I can tell the Omi board does its job in keeping the batteries balanced, the charge was fairly quick with a counter to let you know how much longer before charging is complete.
You are able to use the Revenger as a pass through device – in other words you can vape with it while its charging, I personally will stick to swapping my batteries out when they need charging!
What I Like
I love the idea that this mod will show you the time and date if you wish, I quite often can’t be bothered to get my cell phone out or even look at my wrist lol I’m lazy so sue me lol.
The Temp control works great with this mod, my band test showed very faint traces on dry cotton which to me is acceptable! The magnets hold the battery door on perfectly, I could not detect any button or battery rattle.
What I Didn’t Like
The only things I can honestly say that I don’t like about this Revenger Kit, is that the NRG tank reminds me too much of the baby beast in the way it vape’s, it ploughs through the liquid like a Mini Clubman that needs a new fuel injection system!
I can’t say I am a fan of the menu system it takes far too long for me to change different settings and the body of the mod is a finger print magnet, any slight smear makes the unit look awful in my opinion.
Final Review Verdict
The Vaporesso Revenger kit looks very sexy, if you like the Beast Tanks from Smok you will love the NRG Mini Tank, the Mod collects smears like I used to collect stamps… a lot.
Saying that I love the vape I can get from the Revenger. This Kit in my opinion is more for an intermediate to experienced vaper with time to learn all the menu functions.
If I lost or damaged the Revenger Kit would I replace it? Yes! I would but I would consider replacing the Mod but not the tank.
- Great vape at med to high watts
- Temp control works well
- (NRG) Will give a decent M2L draw at lower watts
- Will work with Smok baby beast coils and Joytech Proc1 coils
- It’s nice to see a mod with a clock and date
- Descent battery life with Sony VTC 5A’s
- Smear magnet
- NRG tank is very thirsty
- Menu system might be difficult for some to learn