Introduction – Greek Temple Box Mod by Cigstar
The Cigstar Greek Temple is from a brand, unsurprisingly, based in China and have been around the vape scene since 2006, producing CE4 Tanks and Ego batteries. They also produced a series of mods called IMotion in the past, but as they don’t keep their website up to date (as far as I can see it was last updated in 2013) I can’t tell you much more about them.
Today we are going to take a look at their Greek Temple 230w TC box mod, who’s looks were inspired by the Pantheon Temple in Rome – The word Pantheon is a Greek adjective meaning “honour all Gods”, will it be an honour to use this mod or should I wish for the Gods to make it disappear, let’s find out……
Cigstar Greek Temple Video Review
In The Box
- Cigstar Greek Temple Mod
- USB cable
- User manual
- Warranty card
- Size: 82.5mm x 41.5mm x 40.5mm
- Display: 1.3-inch colour display
- Working Voltage: 6.4V – 8.4V
- Wattage Range: 10W – 230W
- Working Mode: PWR/TC(Ni,Ti,SS)/TCR/C-T
- Resistance Range: 0.1-3ohm
- Temperature Control Range: 200°F – 600°F/93°C – 315°C
- Battery: 2x 18650 High-drain Battery (not included)
- Thread: 510 thread
- Inspired by the Pantheon Temple
- Selective 8 colours LED light
- V80 chipset with high performance
- Quick charging system
- Side fire button
Design and Build Quality
The customary packaging is simple but to be fair the Cigstar Greek Temple mod does look the biz.
The overall design is ergonomic and feels good quality, the mod has a V80 chipset for high performance, it has 6 different colour led lights and 2 types of strobe led light effects which encircle the screen, you can turn off the light effects if you wish, I always do as they annoy me lol.
The OLED screen is colour and measures 1.3inch with branding under the screen.
The mod has a standard 510 connection with a gold plated spring loaded pin, the threads all feel quality.
The mod is able to hold up to a 30mm atomiser.
The Greek Temple has a micro USB charge port which is situated on the left side of the mod at the bottom.
Two function buttons sit slightly proud on the front and the fire button to the side, all buttons have a nice click to them.The skin wrap is an artificial white and grey snakeskin sticker, the mod is also available with a black carbon fibre wrap and is powered by 2 x 18650 batteries. The mod is designed to be used in wattage and temp control mode enabling you to use all common types of wire.
A basic menu guide
- Place your 2 batteries into the Greek Temple following the battery orientation on the inside of the door, and screw on an atty of your choice.
- Click the fire button 5 times on and 5 times off.
- Click the fire button 3 times to enter the menu screen; you will see 4 options Mode, Led, Reset and Back
- Mode – power, Ni200, Ti, SS, TCR, CT
- Led – has 6 colour and 2 strobe options and an off function
- Reset – allows you to reset the Greek Temple back to the factory default
- Back – returns you to the main screen
- In TC mode – left button and fire button to see starting resistance
- TCR mode – left and right button to set TCR
- CT mode – left and right button to set CT
- Lock and unlock – right button and fire button
As always the adjustment buttons alter your wattage or temperature control values.
How Does The Cigstar Greek Temple Perform?
Interestingly enough this is the second Cigstar Greek Temple I received as the first had an error with the screen. The unit actually fired OK and I could vape with it but I couldn’t see any settings as the screen didn’t work at all.
Mouth to lung style was a cool but a very acceptable vape.
Direct to lung style was warm but not overly so with a descent amount of vapour.
I changed out Axis, for the Dead Rabbit RDA 0.15 dual SS316 coils and a liquid by Coffee House Caramel Macchiato.
80w to 110w
The vape was comfortable at 80w but going up to 110w it became uncomfortable for me, however, a large amount of vapour was produced never the less.
The Greek Temple works very well with SS316 with TC as normal my tests included firing at 420f and 500f
Dry burn test
While working in TC I like to see if a mod will burn the cotton I do this with one coil (SS316L) and dry cotton installed, pressing the fire button up to 5 times for around a couple of seconds each press – there was no yellow banding or burning of the cotton.
While not common in normal use I do like to test a mod to see if it will keep up with my chain vaping, with both the Axis RTA and the Dead Rabbit RDA the Greek Temple kept up with no misfires.
I have been using exclusively Samsung 25R batteries with this mod and from a full charge at 60w they last me approx 4hrs.
Although it does state in the manual that the on board usb port will quickly charge your batteries it does not state if the unit is 2Amp compatible! I would recommend you switch your batteries out and charge them in a standalone charger.
While all the buttons work extremely well and all have nice clicks to them! The fire button annoys me by being level with the body of the mod, because I’m a lazy so in so normally I like to feel for the fire button with this mod I have to look for it lol.
- interesting design and good build quality
- Good looking
- Fires well in all modes tested
- Good battery life
- Simple to understand menu system
- I personally don’t like the fire button
- No extras included (like a tank)
- This is an expensive mod
Final Review Verdict
Well I’m not going to hand the Cigstar Greek Temple box mod back to the Gods in disgust as to be quite honest I like it its simple to operate and understand and could quite well suit a user stepping up if they can afford the high price.
Would I personally buy the Cigstar Greek Temple mod again if I lost or damaged the one I have now? Tricky question, if the price lowered then yes I would.