The Shogun JR Kit By iJoy Previewed
The iJoy Shogun JR Kit is the offspring of the recent iJoy Shogun UNIV Kit.
A new trend in vape kits is starting to emerge. A full size dual battery mod – followed up by a smaller internal battery version – for instance:
- Geekvape Aegis Legend – Geekvape Aegis Mini
- Voopoo Drag 2 – Voopoo Drag Mini
- iJoy Avenger 270 – iJoy Avenger Baby
- Smok X-Priv – Smok X-Priv Baby
So you see where I am coming from…
The original Shogun UNIV kit is a dual battery 180W output kit. The JR version apparently still has dual batteries but they are non removable and not much clue of the capacity on the iJoy website. Some retailers mention 4000mAh and 4500mAh but I haven’t a clue if they are correct.
As the batteries are smaller too the output is lower at 126W but you still get a few power modes to keep you amused including Variable Wattage, Pod (for use with the iJoy VPC Unipod System), Pmode (no idea?) and Temperature Control.
The mod also has removable resin panels so you can buy new ones and customise the device to your own preference.
On the side of the device is a 0.96in screen and iJoy say you can use tanks of up to 28mm diameter without overhang.
If you buy the full kit you will get the iJoy Shogun Sub-ohm tank.
This tank looks great and it can use the X3 (including RBA base) coils (used on the Avenger and Captain), the DM coils (used on the Diamond tank) plus a range of new MESH coils too. There are 2 of the MESH 1 0.2ohm coils included in the kit.
I would love to tell you the colour options – however – the iJoy website only lists 3 colours. Other vendors show many combinations of colour including different colour bodies too.
So far I have seen Rainbow, Stainless Steel, Black, Mirror Red, Mirror Blue and Red Tan (like a copper colour) body colours.
Then of course you have the different panel colours to choose from too including Ghostfire, Hellfire and Specter Green.
Plus you can also buy replacement panels in Crystal Purple, Fantasy Blue, Bumblebee and Blaze red.
- iJoy Shogun JR mod
- iJoy Shogun Sub-ohm tank
- MESH 1 Coil x 2 (1 pre-installed)
- Replacement glass
- USB Cable
- User manual
iJoy Shogun JR Mod Specs
- Size: 50x26x80mm
- Battery: Dual internal batteries (4000mAh or 4500mAh – not specified on iJoy website – varies between vendors??)
- Output: 1-126W
- Material: Zinc Alloy and Resin
- Resistance range: 0.5-3ohm
- Temperature Range: 300-600℉/149-316℃
- Display: 0.96in
- Modes: Power (VW), Pod, Pmode and Temp
- LED indicator
- Double sided replaceable resin panels
- UNIV chipset with 0.013s fire speed
- No overhang with 28mm tanks
iJoy Shogun Sub-ohm Tank Specs
- Size: 57.7x28mm
- Capacity: 2ml / 6ml
- Coils: X3 / DM and MESH coils
- 510 drip tip
- Top fill
- Adjustable bottom airflow
I really like the look of this kit and if it is half as good as its daddy it will be a beauty!
Will you be buying the iJoy Shogun JR Kit? Let me know what you think in the comments below!