The Innokin Ares-2 MTL RTA is the updated version of the original Ares MTL RDA.
Also like the original it is a design collaboration between Innokin, Phil Busardo and Dimitris Agrafiotis…
What Is New On The Innokin Ares-2 MTL RTA?
The Ares-2 is marketed as being an upgrade and to iron out any issues encountered in the original RTA.
I have just been reading The Devil Vaper’s review here on EcigClick and like a lot of people he found the original Ares RTA a dream to build on and good quality but found the performance disappointing. There were also positive reviews but some common themes include the airflow being too loose for a proper MTL vape.
So Innokin and the team have made some improvements for this version including:
- The top cap can be removed now so you can replace the fill port gasket and a new gasket is included in the kit.
- A smaller air hole has been added to give a tighter minimum airflow setting.
- The bottom airflow ring now has detents to hold in position.
- A “cross air flow control” has been added to the deck – I will discuss that further below.
- A locking top fill cap option is included by using the longer drip tip in the kit. If you prefer non locking use the shorter drip tip which is also included.
As mentioned above the new aspect is the deck mounted CAFC (Cross Air Flow Control). This is an extra airflow adjustment which can be turned to adjust the airflow which hits the coil.
Thankfully the CAFC is also adjustable with the coil in position – unlike some MTL RTA where you have to remove the coil to access the air flow restrictors.
Here is a video from Innokin and Phil Busardo introducing the Ares-2.
There looks to be only 2 colours to choose from so far: Stainless Steel and Black.
- Innokin Ares-2 MTL RTA
- Spare O-rings
- Non locking drip tip
- Tool kit
- Organic cotton
- 2xpre-built coils
- Top fill port gasket
- Vape band
- Instruction manual
Innokin Ares-2 MTL RTA Specs
- Size: 22mm or 24mm diameter versions.
- E-liquid capacity: not yet stated
- Cross Airflow control
- Locking top fill cap – non locking drip tip also included
- Single coil build deck
- Adjustable airflow – deck mounted and external control ring
- Tighter airflow
- Ability to remove top of tank to replace filler gasket
- Detents on airflow adjustment to hold in position
Personally I love it when companies take on feedback and improve their product, so fingers crossed the changes have made a big difference to the performance.
Let me know what you think of the Innokin Ares-2 MTL RTA in the comments below!