The Teslacigs T-Rex Kit is a new release which seems to have two names.
The EU edition is called the “T-RX” and the standard edition is called the “T-Rex”. Hence why you will see images with both names in this preview.
What Is New On The Teslacigs T-Rex Kit?
The kit consists of two main parts – the mod component and the cartridge or “pod”.
The mod component is powered by a removable battery which is not included. Thankfully you can use a single 20700, 21700 or 18650 battery which makes this more versatile and able to reach a higher output with the larger batteries.
Talking of output this has a variable wattage output of 7-95W – but obviously this will be lower if using a 18650 battery.
If you need to recharge in a hurry then the Type C USB port can be used at up to a 1.2A charge rate.
Also you can select the Bypass mode for full battery power which will diminish as the battery charge declines.
A 0.96in TFT displays all your user data and there are 9 themes for the screen display.
You can also select the firing method, either button fire, draw activated fire or both combined.
The fire button is also a dial which you can use to make the adjustments required.
On the rear of the mod is a dial for adjusting the airflow to your preference.
Another ace feature is the 510 adaptor which is available separately so you can use the mod with any other 510 base atomiser.
Looking at the pod now – this has a top fill port which has a child-lock.
The coils for this device are called the “T-P” range and you can choose from the following…
- 0.2ohm T-P1 – Mesh DTL coil (available separately)
- 0.6ohm T-P2 – Wire MTL coil (available separately)
- 0.8ohm T-P3 – Wire MTL coil (available separately)
- 0.3ohm T-P4 – Mesh DTL coil (included in kit)
- 0.16ohm T-P5 – Mesh DTL coil (included in kit)
- RBA-P1 – Rebuildable RBA half DTL coil (available separately)
The terms “DTL” (Direct to lung) and “MTL” (Mouth to lung) refer to different vaping styles and we tell you more in our Guide.
The coils have a Kanthal element and are wicked with Organic cotton.
There are 5 colours to choose from: Gunmetal, Brown, Red, Green and Black.
- T-Rex device
- T-P5 Coil – 0.16ohm Mesh
- T-P4 Coil – 0.3ohm Mesh
- 18650 battery adaptor
- USB Type C Cable
- User manual
Teslacigs T-Rex Kit Specs
- Size: 25.3×35.3x125mm (Mod) / 25.3×35.3×25.7mm (Pod)
- Output: 7-95W
- User modes: VW, Bypass, DIY, Button or auto fire modes
- Battery: Single 21700, 20700 or 18650 (with adaptor)
- Display: 0.96in TFT Colour screen
- E-liquid capacity: 6.5ml (standard) / 2ml (TPD)
- Type C USB charging – 1.2A (2.5-3 hour charge time)
- Coils: TP Coil range including RBA
- Adjustment wheel
- Top fill – childproof locking cover
- Adjustable airflow
- Hyber Smart chip
- Customisable display
There seems to be a lot of features packed into a small device here! Lots of options for coils and battery types make this look a great little kit!
Tell me your thoughts on the Teslacigs T-Rex Kit in the comments below!