The VapX Geyser Kit is a Pod Kit from a new brand consisting of engineers and designers with over 10 years vape industry experience.
On their website “ABOUT” page they also state that they work with Sony who provide their battery power – hmm sounds interesting – let’s have a closer look!
What Is The VapX Geyser Kit All About?
This kit is quite complex – put it this way the PDF press document is 28 pages long – so I will try and break down all the features! I am struggling a bit as the documentation is not very clear to understand!
For a start there are 4 different pod types – Airmesh refers to the honeycomb airflow inlets on the adjustment dial and the centre of the coil (I think?).
- 75W pod – this is used with the Model 15d and 15s coils – Dual AFC System with Airmesh – maximum airflow (Included in kit)
- 45W pod – this is used with the Model 10 and 10n coils – Dual AFC System with Airmesh – this is a slightly looser airflow than the non Airmesh version (Included in kit)
- 45W pod – this is used with the Model 10 and 10n coils – Non Air Mesh Version – provides a tighter airflow (available separately)
- RDTA pod – this has a postless deck with 3D airflow control (available separately)
The Dual AFC gives 2 airflow adjustment options which are provided by 2 airflow dials located on each side of the pod.
There are lots of coil options which depend on which pod you are using, what type of airflow you prefer and the PG/VG Mixture of your e-liquid.
We tell you all about the terms MTL and DTL in our Guide To Vaping Styles.
- Model 10 – 0.25ohm – Single Air Mesh – Loose MTL / Restricted DTL – 70%VG or 50%VG e-liquid (included in kit)
- Model 10n – 0.6ohm – Single Air Mesh – Tight MTL / Loose MTL – 70%VG or 50%VG e-liquid
- Model 15d – 0.2ohm – Dual Air Mesh – Loose MTL / Restricted DTL / Loose DTL – 70%VG
- Model 15s – 0.23ohm – Single Air Mesh – Loose MTL / Restricted DTL / Loose DTL – 70%VG (included in kit)
VapX also promise there will be more in the XCoil range in the future!
The pod is refillable via the pop off top cover which gives access to the fill ports.
A catch holds the pod securely in position.
The device uses either a single 21700 battery (the more expensive kit includes a Sony 4000mAh Battery) or a single 18650 (with the included battery sleeve adaptor.)
This will output up to 100W using the 21700 battery but the output will be lower with 18650.
A screen is provided to view all of your vaping data but sadly the size is not stated.
Inside the mod is a buck/boost converter which controls the battery output to keep it stable even when the battery charge is low.
The firmware is upgradeable to future-proof the mod for performance updates.
Here is an introduction video from the VapX YouTube channel.
There are 3 colours to choose from: Charcoal Black, Stardust Grey and Volcano Red.
- VapX Geyser mod
- Dual Airflow 45W Pod with Air Mesh (Loose MTL)
- Dual Airflow 75W Pod with Air Mesh (Loose DTL)
- Model 10 coil
- Model 15s coil
- 18650 adaptor sleeve
- 4000mAh 80A 21700 Sony Battery (Optional)
- Type C USB cable
- User manual
VapX Geyser Kit Specs
- Size: 87.7×30.9×53.5
- Material: Aerospace Grade Magnesium Alloy
- Output: 5-100W Max (with 21700 Battery) / 0.5-8V
- User modes: VW, Curve, TC (Ni, SS, Ti)
- Battery: 1×18650 (with adaptor) or 21700
- Resistance range: 0.1-3ohm
- Display: Screen – size not stated
- E-liquid capacity: 5ml (Dual AFC 75W Pod) / 6.5ml (Dual AFC 45W Pod)
- Pods: Refillable, replaceable coil
- Coil options: X Coil, Dual AFC RDTA
- Pod options: Airmesh / Non Airmesh / RDTA 3D
- Top refill port
- Buck/Boost converter
- Adjustable airflow
- Firmware Upgradeable
- Type C USB – charge rate
Wow this is a complicated kit with all the coil and pod options – plus the VapX info does need a bit of unravelling to understand what they are talking about!
Are you interested in the VapX Geyser Kit? Let me know in the comments below!