Introduction – Reuleaux RX300 by Wismec
Wismec is not a company that needs any introduction to the wider vaping community. Their products have for the last few years been top of the must have devices to buy list for many vapers.
To buy Wismec is to buy reliability at a competitive price!
Their full company name is: Wismec (Dongguan) Electronics Co Ltd and they are based in Guangdong, China. Wismec are proud to have a team of highly trained and extremely talented staff at all levels of their business!
Today we are going to be taking a detailed look at the Reuleaux RX300 which is the new masterpiece from Wismec and another notch in the belt of designer Jaybo. The RX300 can reach up to 300W output power.
Will The Wismec RX300 give you a great vaping experience?
Keep scrolling to see my video review.
In The Box
- Reuleaux RX300
- Micro USB cable
- Decoration stickers
- User Manual and Battery safety card
- Size: 42mm x 58mm x 81.7mm
- Thread Type: 510 spring loaded thread
- Cell type: High-rate 18650 cell (discharge current should be above 25A)
- Output Mode: VW/TC-Ni/TC-Ti/TC-SS/TCR Mode
- Output Wattage: 1-300W
- 96-inch Oled display
- Resistance Range: 0.05-1.5ohm for TC modes
- Resistance Range: 0.1-3.5ohm for VW mode
- Temperature Range: 100-315°C/200-600°F (TC modes)
- Maximum Charging Current: 1.5A
- Maximum Output Current: 50A
- Powered by x4 18650 batteries
Design and Build Quality
When I first obtained the RX300, I was shocked by the size and weight.
This thing is simply huge! I have large hands and to be fair I love the larger mods.
The RX300 is almost too big for me. However the mod is well presented in the box and it was clean and free from any machine dust and oils.
The Reuleaux RX300 is made from an aluminium alloy, and features a redesigned Stainless Steel Spring loaded 510 with Stainless Steel fire and regulatory buttons.
The build quality is extremely sturdy albeit a very large and heavy handful. With the four 18650 batteries the sizing of the Mod stands at 42mm x 58mm x 81.7mm.
How Does The Wismec Reuleaux RX300 Perform?
I tested the RX300 using 24g flat Clapton kanthal wire 0.2ohms, between 60 and 100w and (24×24)g x32g Clapton SS316 wire 0.1ohms, between 60 and 100w at 420F.
Each wire was tested in the Recoil RDA for consistency, using Anarchist (white) Marshmallow and Graham cracker E-liquid.
The vapour I experienced from both these wires was thick and warm with clouds for days.
The Performance of the RX300 was exceptional, I personally had no problems with the unit at all.
After the problems with the 510 on the RX2/3 I spent a good deal of time testing different Tanks and RDA’s and the 510 in my opinion on this model is solid and correctly wired.
As a quick test I coiled my V5 Mutation X RDA with dual x15 wraps (0.7ohms) of 20g Kanthal to see how the mod handled higher wattages.
The ramp up time was good and at 180w the vapour was extraordinary. Very thick. Easily enough to fill a small box room within 4 toots.
A lot of airflow is the key to high wattage vaping thankfully the V5 Mutation X has this in abundance.
Operation and Menus
- Press the fire button x5 to turn on and off.
- Wattage can be customised by pressing the left and right regulatory buttons.
- Stealth function, on and off by pressing the fire and the left regulatory button.
- Key lock is operated by holding down both regulatory buttons, on and off.
- To flip the screen, while off, press the left and right regulatory buttons together.
Click the fire button 3 times; you will then enter the menu.
- Shift between VW, TC NI, TC SS, TC TI and TCR M1, M2, M3 using the right regulatory button to confirm.
- VW output wattage can be adjusted from 1 to 300w.
- Temperature Control can be adjusted from 100-315°C or 200-600°F
- TC SS is suitable for SS316 coils.
- TC Ni is suitable for Nickel coils.
- TC Ti is suitable for Titanium coils.
- TCR M1, M2, M3 (Temperature Coefficient Resistance) allows users to set the correct TCR values according to the coil.
The Following is the TCR value range for your reference:
|Material||TCR Value Range|
- Resistance Lock
- Shift between Puff and Time
- Logo Mode, Fire and right regulatory button options on and off
- Preheat function as above and press right regulatory button to alter the PhF
Malfunction indications and Protection Alerts
These will be displayed on the Oled screen
- No Atomizer Alert
- Atomizer Low
- Atomizer Short Circuit Protection
- Temperature Alert
- Over 10s Protection
- Temperature Protection
- Weak Battery Alert
- Low Power Alert
- Imbalanced Alert
- Check USB Alert
- Charge Error Alert
- Check Battery Alert.
It is recommended that you use a separate charger to charge your 4 x 18650 batteries.
See The Wismec RX300 In Action
What I Like
The sheer power at my finger tips make this is one powerful Mod. Not only this but the battery life was excellent lasting me 48hrs before I needed to recharge.
The ability to update the firmware ensuring the RX300 is always up to date.
Plenty of battery vents slots.
As with all Wismec products no special knowledge is required to operate the RX300 but it has the ability to be fully customized to your style of vaping.
The operating system is very similar to other Wismec Products making it a delight to use as I already knew how to set it up without looking at the manual.
What I Didn’t Like
The size and weight of the RX300 as I said earlier in this review.
I have big hands this Mod is almost too big for me, the weight might be another sticking point for some people, it’s not exactly a portable Mod you can put in your pocket and carry around.
Final Review Verdict
I call the Reuleaux RX300 a table Mod or “The Brick” because of the large size and weight!
To me it’s not a portable Mod and will spend its life at home.
The power is tremendous; it is extremely easy to use!
But would I recommend this to a fairly new vaper? No! I would recommend gaining more experience before buying the Wismec RX300.
If I lost or damaged the Reuleaux RX300 would I buy another? Yes I would.
- Battery life was exceptional
- The sheer power at my finger tips
- Updated and redesigned 510 connection
- Very Good build quality.
- Whatever wire I used I had a great vaping experience
- The Size, smaller hands will have problems with this Mod
- The Weight, this is an extremely heavy Mod