Introduction – Reuleaux RX2 21700 Kit from Wismec
The Wismec RX2 21700 is the one of the latest from a brand known for manufacturing some pretty good e-cigs with innovative designs, along with their long time American designer Jaybo they have developed a strong and stable partnership.
Wismec/Jaybo, have done it again with another addition to their ever popular Reuleaux range, this time they bring us the RX2 21700 with the inclusion of the Gnome tank.
RX2 21700 Kit By Wismec Video Review
In The Box
- 1 x Reuleaux RX2 21700
- 1 x Gnome sub ohm tank
- 2 x 21700 batteries (depending on kit version purchased)
- 2 x Battery sleeves
- 2 x Coils (0.4 preinstalled) 0.15 spare
- 1 x Spare Pyrex Tank
- 1 x Spare Driptip
- 1 x QC USB cable
- 1 x User manual and other paperwork
RX2 21700 230W Mod
- Output wattage – 1 – 230W
- Output modes – VW / RTC / TC-Ni / TC-Ti / TC-SS / TCR
- Resistance range – 0.05-1.5ohm for TC/TCR/ 0.1-3.5ohm for Power mode
- Temperature range – 100-315°C/ 200-600°F
- Dimensions – 46.3mm x 37.10mm x 81.5mm
- Battery – 2 x 21700, 4000mAh (supplied)
- 4 colours available, Gradients White, Green, Purple, Gloss Black
- Stainless Steel/Pyrex/Delrin
- Approx 40mm x 24mm
- WM01, 0.4ohm coil rated to 70w
- WM02, 0.15 ohm coil rated to 70w
Design and Build Quality
RX2 21700 230W Mod
A sturdy mod made from spray treated gradient heavy aluminium.
The mod takes dual 21700 or 18650 batteries (with sleeves), and can power up to 230W.Featuring a gold plated 510 connection pin with stainless steel threading that has been placed so that it will accommodate tanks and RDA’s up to 25mm.
A large sharp 1.3inch display, micro USB Port for easy 2amp charging, a large fire button and a rocker style adjustment button, the interface menu screen which is reminiscent of most of the Reuleaux range and is easy to navigate.An innovative push-pull battery cover for convenience.With a slide lock.
There is plenty of battery venting along each side of the device which also helps to keep the board cool.
The RX2 21700 is a well constructed, eye catching mod whose design and build quality are extremely good. The device is on the slightly heavier side with the 21700 batteries installed.
Made from spray painted Stainless Steel with a 2ml or 4ml capacity Pyrex tank depending on which part of the world you are in.
The design and build quality of this sub ohm tank is both good and sturdy.
The Gnome tank has 5 components:
The base has information including Gnome and Wismec along with the normal CE marks, a 510 threaded none adjustable connection pin.
The airflow is a cylon type dual airflow.
Chimney/Fill port/ Driptip
These are in one piece, the European version of the Gnome tank has a rubber bung to limit the liquid intake to 2ml. The American version doesn’t come with this installed and can be filled to the full 4mls, the fill port is handled by a push and slide cap.The Gnome tank comes with two choices of 510 mouth piece both made of Delrin in yellow and standard black colours.
A quick guide to setting up the Reuleaux RX2 21700 Kit
The RX2 21700 Mod
Locate your 21700 batteries (if they came in the box) take off the plastic safety discs on the end the batteries.
Remove the battery cover by sliding the switch on the device towards the screen and slide off the cover, insert the two 21700 batteries and replace the cover which will click into place.
You also have the choice of using the sleeves for 18650 batteries.
How To Fill The Gnome tank
Un twist the base of the tank and pre wick your coil, do this by dropping a few drips of liquid onto the cotton surrounding the coil and into the liquid intake slots on the side of the coil, reassemble the tank.Locate the Jaybo symbol on the top cap and push open the fill port, fill the tank with e-liquid.
*Tip let the tank stand for a few minutes, so the cotton can soak up more liquid. To change your coil head you will need to empty any remaining liquid out first.
How Does The Wismec RX2 21700 Perform?
I tested the Wismec RX2 21700 with both the included 21700 batteries and 18650 batteries with the included sleeves.
First let’s take a quick look at the basic functions.
Basic menu and system operation
- X5 clicks on and off.
- X3 clicks and right adjustment button to change your fire mode – Power, TC, TCR Function.
- To change your wire type under Temp control, left adjustment button then hit the right button to choose Ni, Ti, SS.
- Under Temperature control X3 clicks fire button, left adjustment button and left button to highlight, right to change your, Power, Lock your Ohms, and change your Puff count to Amps or Screen.
- To flip screen while off hold together both adjustment buttons.
- To turn on/off the key lock while the device is on hold both adjustments buttons.
- To turn logo on /off hold the right adjustment button and fire button together toggle the right adjustment button to enter Preheat and Time out function.
- To turn on/off stealth function hold both fire button and left adjustment button.
Using the RX2 21700 with the Gnome tank
I filled the Gnome tank with a coffee blended DIY e-liquid; using the pre installed 0.4 coil.
20w – Airflow cut down to almost closed I was able to get a good mouth to lung style of vape, the vapour decent, yet cool with plenty of flavour.
55w – Airflow wide open DTL style the vape was warm and tasty a very cloudy amount of vapour was produced.
I then changed up to dual 24g SS316 Clapton coils at 0.16ohms in my Vandy Vape Bonza RDA with the same liquid.
65w – Was pleasantly warm with lots of flavour and creamy vapour
90w – 100w – While out of my comfort zone the delivery of vapour was tremendous. Although the vape was quite a lot hotter than I normally prefer so I wasn’t able to enjoy the flavour this high but would say it was ok.
Testing in Temp control with SS316 wire at 100w and 420f delivered a very good amount of vapour and flavour; over 150 at 420f however the mod kept displaying “Protect”, Wismec have now released a firmware update for the RX2 21700 that can be found here, to solve this issue
Battery life is extremely good with this mod at 55w using the Gnome tank the 21700 batteries lasted me a good 10 hours!
With the 18650’s I was able to use the RX2 for just under 5 hours at the same wattage.
- Works well in VW
- Work well in TC after the firmware update is done
- Very simple to operate with a familiar operating menu
- Good design and form factor of this mod
- Comfortable in the hand
- Very Good flavour and vapour at 55W-65W
- No leaking or dry hits
- Excellent tank for low to mid power users
- Slightly on the heavy side
- Firmware update is recommended – Before the update I was receiving the “Protect” warning with the RX2 21700 in temp control
- Feels underpowered for the mod – Lower rated coils would have been better.
Final Review Verdict
Wismec and Jaybo have done it again the RX2 21700 is a great looking device that I will use constantly the only thing that lets the kit down in my opinion is the Gnome tank while ok for lower to mid power users; they have not taken into account the sheer power of the device for those that vape at higher wattages.
Would I the Wismec RX2 21700 if it was lost or damaged, yes certainly for the mod but no for the Gnome tank!