For And Against Vaping
Almost all coming into vaping will be doing so as an alternative to smoking and you will want to know the positives and negatives.
Like most things in life, nothing is 100% safe and no responsible vendor will tell you that e cigarettes are totally safe to use.
What is important is that, as far as the bulk of reliable, peer-reviewed scientific investigations are concerned vaping is considerably safer than smoking. You will find that a commonly referred to figure is that an e cigarette is over 100 times safer than smoking a cigarette.
- It is documented that over half of UK smokers attempt to quit each year.
- Nicotine Replacement Therapies (Spray, Gum, Medication) only succeed with 2-3% of those who use them – over 97% fail to quit.
- There is a growing body of scientific evidence that Champix (varenicline), a nicotine replacement therapy drug, can cause hallucinations, aggression and suicide particularly when taken with alcohol.
- Cigarettes contain over 4,000 chemicals.
- Cigarettes contain over 50 cancer-causing chemicals.
The “Pros” of Vaping
- E cigarettes do not burn anything.
- E cigarettes do not produce smoke
- E cigarettes release no tar.
- E cigarettes contain none of the 50+ cancer causing chemicals.
- E cigarettes are made from just four known ingredients.
- E cigarettes feel like smoking.
- E cigarettes come in a range of sizes.
- E cigarettes offer someone the opportunity to gradually reduce the nicotine content.
- E cigarettes do not stain fingers or teeth.
- E cigarettes leave no ash.
- E cigarettes do not smell or leave an odor on your clothes.
- E cigarettes have been subjected to a great deal of scientific research.
E cigarette use has been supported on television by doctors such as Channel 4’s Dr. Christian Jessen and Dr Hilary on ITV’s Daytime program
Dr Christian Tweets About E Cigs
- E cigarettes provide a throat hit like smoking.
- E cigarettes provide nicotine.
- Nicotine is found in plants like potatoes.
- Nicotine acts like caffeine on the body.
- Nicotine is used by doctors to treat a number of conditions.
- Unlike Nicorette Quickmist, E cigs only contain four ingredients.
- E cigarettes can help you to give up completely or continue to enjoy nicotine is a much safer way.
- E cigarettes will help you regain your sense of taste and smell.
- E cigarettes will allow your lungs to clear and get fitter.
- There is no second-hand smoke danger
The “Cons” of Vaping
- Some people get dehydrated when vaping, it is important to remember to drink.
- Some people are allergic to the propylene glycol in the liquid, it is possible to buy liquids high in vegetable glycerin instead.
- Although there are no long-term studies stating that electronic cigarettes are safe there are a growing number of research papers indicating this.
- Nicotine is not recommended during pregnancy, breast-feeding and can effect blood sugar levels.
Although there have been a number of stories recently this is very rare. The batteries are made of the same material as the batteries you find in laptops, tablets and cameras.
One of the best tobacco e juices, Black Note, uses naturally extracted tobacco. Away from that there are very few juices that taste just like tobacco.
You may find that as your sense of taste returns you prefer Lemon Meringue Pie anyway.
With the huge range of flavors on offer you are bound to find at least one e liquid you like.
There are many different types of e cigarettes from Generation 1 (that look like cigarettes), 2nd Generation vape pens and 3rd Generation vape mod devices that can look like something from a Sci-fi movie.
Fortunately, other vapers, vape websites such as Ecigclick and forums are there to help you make your choice. No matter what problem you come across, someone will have been there and have a helpful solution so you can find the best e electronic cigarette to meet your needs.
Although vaping is much cheaper than smoking a lot of people begin collecting different devices. But then, saving around £200+ a month means you will be able to afford it.