The Artery Mix 150 follows a tight range of solid products from this Snenzhen, China based vape company.
The device we are going to take a look at today is a dual 18650 150w box mod called the Artery Mix 150. This Mod essentially is the big brother of the Artery Mix 80.
In The Box
- Mix 150 Mod
- USB Cable
- User Manual
- Warranty Card
- 54mm x 24mm x 87mm
- Zinc Alloy Construction
- 510 threading connection
- Gold Plated 510 Pin
- Wattage Range: 5W~150W
- Voltage Range: 0.5~8V
- Temperature Range: 100~300’C / 200~600’F
- Supports Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel in Temperature Control
- Operating modes: variable voltage, variable wattage, variable temperature, TCR
- Resistance Range: 0.1~3.0 ohm
- Battery: Replaceable 2 x 18650 Batteries (not included)
- TCR Supported
- Firmware Update Supported
- OLED with six line vertical menu
- Large square fire button
- Tactile buttons
Design and Build Quality
Essentially the Mix 150 is an upgrade from its little brother the Mix 80 except on steroids!The Artery Mix 150 is constructed from zinc alloy it feels incredibly comfortable in the hand, the mod I have is the matte black.
The 510 connection threads are made from Stainless Steel and are smooth to operate, the battery door is held on by 2 strong magnets and removes completely to allow you to change your dual 18650 batteries easily.
The battery sled is clean with no blemishes, the fire and adjustment buttons are nice and clicky, the OLED screen is just the right size, and like its little brother, I am able to read all the information without having to squinting at the screen or put my reading glasses on. Always a bonus 🙂
A basic guide getting started with the Artery Mix 150
You will have to put your own batteries in the mod! We suggest Sony vtc4 or better 18650 batteries.
- Remove the battery door and place your batteries following the battery polarity guide stamped into the side of the sled – Please do use the battery ribbon for you first battery or you might find the battery will get stuck
- Attach a vape tank or RDA to the 510 threads on the top of your mod
- Click the fire button 5 times to turn the device on the screen will show a welcome screen that say “Artery” likewise to turn the mod off you will be shown the close screen “ByeBye”
- Use the adjustment buttons to set your wattage and vape away
If you want to use a different type of wire other than Kanthal or SS316
- Hold down the adjustment buttons together this will allow you to enter the Mix 150’s menu system
- On the work mode screen press fire, scroll using the adjustment buttons until you come to your desired wire press fire to confirm and the menu will return to the work mode screen
- To change the desired wattage to fire at on the work mode screen press your adjustment button until the screen say temp power limit settings, press fire and adjust up or down your wattage
- To get out of the menu scroll with the adjustment buttons until you see exit press fire
- To alter the temperature you wish to fire your wire use the adjustment buttons
How Does The Artery Mix 150 Perform?
The Artery Mix 150 was tested using my 22mm 13 Heavens and 9 Hells RDA with 2 types of wire: 24g Kanthal (0.2 ohms) and 24g (SS316) Stainless Steel (0.5 ohms).
I can confirm that the Artery Mix 150 works well in temperature control mode with SS316 and in wattage mode with both Kanthal and SS316 wires.
I used Fuggin Vapor Lemon Pounder 80/20 vg/pg.
The battery life with the dual 18650’s is good, lasting me approx 4 to 5 hrs at 60watts.
Chain vaping the Mix 150 at 80w and again at 100w I found that the unit itself did get hot, especially around the 510 connection!
This is i believe is mainly due to heat transfer from the RDA.
The menu system takes a few minutes to master but once learnt it is easy to navigate.
Functionality this mod has a lot of features they include:
- Power Mode allows you to vape between 5 to 150watts
- Temperature control – Nickel, Titanium, and Stainless Steel, you can adjust the TC 100c to 300c or from 200f to 600f
- PMG mode – power multiplication graph allows the user to fine tune initial 2 second fire has 3 groups for different settings
- TCR mode – allows the user to fine tune the wire value used
- Backlight – allows fine tuning of the screen brightness display and has 5 grades of brightness from 0 to 5 being the brightest
- Firmware updating – keeps your Artery Mix 150 up to date and current with the latest patches from Artery (Updates can only be done from a Windows PC)
The Mix 150 has safety features built in these include –
- Over current
- Chip temperature monitor
- 10 second toke count
- Weak and low battery
- Dry coil warning
- Check atty prompt.
See The Artery Mix 150 In Action With My Video Review
What I Like
I like the look of the Artery Mix 150 solid black, the one I tested looks smart and clean.
Once mastered the menu system is a breeze, I like the fact that the screen font Artery use is large enough so I don’t have to get my reading specs out.
The 2 magnets that hold the battery door in place are strong and hold the battery door incredibly well.
What I Didn’t Like
I can’t say that anything really disappointed me with this box mod. There was a slight concern at the heat transfer from the RDA to the 510 connection and maybe that the battery case on my Mix 150 is slightly miss aligned resulting in a slight rocking of the mod on a flat surface.
Neither of these would be a deal breaker for me.
Final Review Verdict
The Artery Mix 150 is a simple, easy to use mod that has the more advance features you would expect from a higher quality more expensive e-cigarette mod.
While the slight misalignment of the case could annoy some users, for me it takes nothing away from the sheer pleasure I get from using this mod.
I would surely recommend this mod to a newer vaper as a first upgrade into the world of Temperature Control.
Would I buy the Artery Mix 150 again if I lost or damaged it? I think it goes without saying that the answer would be a big resounding yes.
- The build quality of this Mod is excellent
- The Mix 150 is very easy to setup and easy to use
- Large clear screen and font
- Strong magnets that hold the battery door in place
- Good battery life
- Slight misaligned casing making the Mix 150 rock on flat surfaces
- Heat transfer from the RDA when chain vaping at 80w+