The Artery Mix 80 is one of the latest releases from Artery Vapor, who are arguably most well know for the excellent Nugget, a nano box mod that caught the imagination of vapers worldwide.
The device we are going to take a look at today is a 1 cell 80w box mod called Mix 80, scroll on dear reader to find out why the Mix 80 is receiving some great reviews.
In The Box
- Mix 80 Mod
- USB Cable
- User Manual
- Warranty Card
- Dimensions: 43mm x 23mm x 86.5mm
- Colours: grey, black, white and black and white
- Constructed from zinc alloy
- OLED with six line vertical menu
- Adjust screen brightness
- Gold plated/brass battery contacts
- Stainless Steel 510 threaded connection
- Uses single 18650 external battery
- On-board USB charging
- Firmware upgradable
- 5-magnetic battery door
- Gold plated/anti oxidation/spring-loaded center pin
- Operating modes: variable voltage, variable wattage, variable temperature, TCR
- Programmable power curve for 2 seconds
- Save power curve in three memory slots
- Power output range: 5W to 80W
- Voltage output range: 0.5V to 8V
- Temperature range: 200°F to 600°F
- Temperature control supports Ni200, Ti, SS, TCR
- 1 – 3.0 ohms in all modes
Design and Build Quality
This is one smart looking little box mod, the Mix 80 is constructed from zinc alloy the main part of the mod is painted with a matte finish while the battery door is a high gloss finish, the Mix 80 feels incredibly comfortable in the hand.
The 510 connection threads are made from Stainless Steel and are smooth like butter.
The battery door is held on by 5 magnets and removes completely to allow you to change your 18650 cell, the battery sled is clean with no blemishes and the fire and adjustment buttons are nice and clicky.
The OLED screen is just the right size and I am able to read all the information, without having to squinting at the screen or put my reading glasses on 🙂 And as a bonus the USB charge/update port is on the bottom front of the device.
A basic guide getting started with the Artery Mix 80
- You will have to put your own battery in the mod! We suggest a Sony vtc4, Samsung 25R or better 18650 battery
- Remove the battery door and place your battery with the + end of your battery down (make sure to place the battery ribbon under the battery
- Attach a vape tank or rda to the 510 threads on the top of your mod
- Click the fire button 5 times to turn the device on the screen will show a welcome screen that say “Artery” likewise to turn the mod off you will be shown the close screen “ByeBye”
- Use the adjustment buttons to set your wattage and vape away
If you want to use a different type of wire other than Kanthal or SS316
- Hold down the adjustment buttons together this will allow you to enter the Mix 80’s menu system
- On the work mode screen press fire, scroll using the adjustment buttons until you come to your desired wire press fire to confirm and the menu will return to the work mode screen
- To change the desired wattage to fire at on the work mode screen press your adjustment button until the screen say temp power limit settings, press fire and adjust up or down your wattage
- To get out of the menu scroll with the adjustment buttons until you see exit press fire
- To alter the temperature you wish to fire your wire use the adjustment buttons
How Does The Artery Mix 80 Perform?
I have tested this mod with 2 types of wire 24g Kanthal and 24g (SS316) Stainless Steel, and can confirm that the Artery Mix 80 works well in temperature control mode with SS316 and in wattage mode with both Kanthal and SS316 wires.
The layout of the adjustment buttons on the Mix 80 I tested were confusing to start until I realized they were reversed function in other words the plus button is labelled minus and the minus is labelled plus.
Battery life is good lasting me approx 3 to 31/2 hrs at 50watts for a single cell 18650 chain vaping.
The menu system takes a few minutes to master but once learnt it is easy to navigate.
Functionality this mod has a lot of features they include:
- 5 to 80watts in power mode
- Temperature control, Ni,Ti,SS, you can adjust the TC 100c to 300c or from 200f to 600f
- PMG mode – power multiplication graph allows the user to fine tune initial 2 second fire has 3 groups for different settings.
- Bypass mode – this will take the power directly from your battery display will read in volts
- TCR mode – allows the user to fine tune the wire value used
- Backlight – allows fine tuning of the screen brightness display
- Firmware updating – keeps you Artery Mix 80 up to date and current with the latest patches from Artery (Updates can only be done from a windows PC.
The Artery Mix 80 has safety features built in these include – over current, chip temperature monitor, 10 second toke count, weak and low battery, dry coil warning, check atty prompt.
See The Artery Mix 80 in Action With My Video Review
What I Like
I like the look of the Artery Mix 80 the two tone colour of the one I tested looks smart and clean.
Once mastered the menu system is a breeze, I like the fact that the font they have use is large enough so I don’t have to get my reading specs out 🙂 the 5 magnets are strong and hold the battery door incredibly well.
What I Didn’t Like
It was really hard for me to nail down any point about the Artery Mix 80 that I didn’t like.
If pushed I would say I was slightly disappointed and momentarily confused by the adjustment buttons labels being reversed, but this is not a deal breaker to me.
Final Review Verdict
I loved using the Artery Mix 80. It’s simple to use but also has the more advance features you would expect from a higher quality more expensive e-cigarette mod.
While the reversed labelling of the adjustment buttons could be confusing, it takes nothing away from the sheer pleasure I get from using this mod, I would heartily recommend this mod to newer vapers.
Would I buy the Artery mix 80 again if I lost or damaged it? I think it goes without saying that the answer would be a big fat yes.
- The build quality of this Mod is excellent
- The Mix 80 is very easy to setup and easy to use
- Large clear screen and font
- Strong magnets that hold the battery door in place
- Good battery life chain vaping at 50w
- Frustratingly the labels for the adjustment buttons are reversed