The BP Mods Hilt Mosfet Mod is a cute box mod with two different housings (or “Shells”)…
I will tell you more about these below!
What To Expect From The BP Mods Hilt Mosfet Mod…
The reason for 2 different Shells is to be able to accommodate two different battery types.
In standard format out of the box this is compatible with a single 18650 battery.
You can buy a replacement Shell to convert this into a 18350 battery mod which is smaller.
Apparently there will be more Shells, Buttons and beauty rings available in future to customise the mod further.
The device is a semi-mechanical device, which means there is some circuitry for protection and functions but this is kept to a minimum.
The protections are provided by a Mosfet chip – which enables some power regulation, battery capacity displays, battery reversal protection and other protection circuits.
You can choose from 3 power outputs 3.5V, 3.8V and full battery power (Bypass). We tell you more about this and Mosfet devices in our guide to Mech / Regulated Mods.
You do get an LED indicator which performs lots of functions – see the image below!
As you can see this has a curved body shape which is made from Aluminium Alloy and Stainless Steel.
There are 3 colours on the BP Mods website – Everglade Green, Black and Silver but some sites are showing a wood grain version too.
- BP Mods Hilt mod
- 1x outer shell
- 22mm beauty ring
- 24mm beauty ring
- User manual
BP Mods Hilt Mod Specs
- Size: 80.1x26x31.5mm
- Output: 3.5-4.2V
- User modes: 3 voltage levels – 3.5, 3.8 and 4.2V
- Battery: 1×18650 (standard shell) / 1×18350 (with 18350 shell – available separately)
- Display: LED
- Resistance limits: 0.45-3ohms
- Waterproof Mosfet chipset
- Replaceable body shells
- Semi Mechanical protections
- Material: Aluminium Alloy, Stainless Steel
- Beauty rings included for 22mm and 24mm diameter tanks
- Future accessories include Juma Shell (Thermoset Plastic), Juma Fire Button, engraved Shell, Wood shell, Damascus Beauty rings and battery covers.
This is a very pretty device and should be fun to customise when more components are available!
What are your thoughts on the BP Mods Hilt Mosfet Mod? Let me know in the comments below!