There has been talks of the new Innokin Cool Fire 4 TC100 mod for a number of months with their own Aethon chip set. Well, it’s finally here.
The Innokin Cool Fire 4 TC100 With Aethon Chip Is Finally Here…
Lets take a closer look at the Cool Fire IV TC100 vape mod.
New to temperature control? Read our beginners guide to temp control here.
In The Box
- Cool Fire 4 TC100 Mod
- iSub V Sub Ohm Tank (Not in Express Kit)
- 2 Coils – 1 SS316 0.5Ohm pre installed & 1 Spare Kanthal 0.5Ohm coil
- Micro USB Charging cable
- Spare O Rings & Drip Tip
- 3300 mAh Battery
- Temp Control – 150-315 °C – 5°C increments / 300-600 °F – 5°F increments
- TC Compatible with SS, Ni200, Ti
- Recommended SS316 0.5Ohm Coil Parameters: TC 374-473˚ƒ / 190˚C – 245˚C. VW 30-60W
- Recommended Ni200 0.1 Ohm Coil Parameters: TC 356-518˚ƒ / 180˚C – 270˚C.
- Recommended Ni200 0.2 Ohm Coil Parameters: TC 374-473˚ƒ / 190˚C – 245˚C.
- Recommended Titanium 0.4 Ohm Coil Parameters: TC 356-464˚ƒ / 180˚C – 240˚C.
- Wattage Mode Atomizer Resistance – 0.1 Ohm
- TC Mode Atomizer Resistance – Ni (0.1 – 0.2 Ohm), Ti (0.1 – 0.5Ohm), Stainless Steel 316L (0.2 – 1.0Ohm ) coils are recommended.
- Gold plated spring loaded pin
- Aethon Chipset
- ClearWave Noise Cancellation
- Precise coil resistance reading
- Dry Hit detection and protection
- 2Amp micro USB quick charge
- 0.2 second click to vape response
- Top Fill Design
- 3mL E-Liquid Capacity
- No-Spill Coil Swap System
- Pyrex Glass Tank
- Adjustable Airflow Control
- Safety Features: Short circuit/Atomizer protection – Over discharge protection – Overheat protection
Build Quality & Design
For those familiar with the Cool Fire 4 Plus, then that is pretty much what you can expect from the TC100 as a mod. Innokin have used the same body and 3300 mAh battery albeit with some slightly different design accents.
The Cool Fire 4 and 4 Plus have been one of my favorite mod designs so it will come as no surprise that I’m a fan of this particular design.
For those that haven’t had their hands on the Cool Fire 4 Plus this is a solid box mod. It’s got a chunky build to it but also feels like it could take a bit of hard use. Not saying you should go out and throw this about but these box mods hold up well to being carried around in bags etc.
I haven’t got the biggest of hands but the curved back of the box mod makes for a comfortable fit in the palm of your hand.
The oversized fire button is well positioned, the OLED screen is one of the better ones out there. Large enough and bright enough to be seen outdoors.
The two function buttons are featured below the OLED screen and the micro USB charging port on the side. This unit also allows you to vape while charging. Always a plus point for me.
Innokin iSub V – Vortex Tank
Innokin have also released a new tank with the Cool Fire 4 TC100 kit. This time around we have the iSub V tank which is the latest from the iSub tank range.
Not all TC100 kits have this tank included so be sure to check. The Express kit comes with just the mod.
The iSub V – Vortex has the same easy coil swap system, so cross compatible with all iSub coils. The main difference is the top fill and chimney design.
When unscrewing the top cap off the tank the chimney and part of the internal base actual rises. There is a spring loaded chimney that seals off the tank when filling. When the top cap is screwed back on the chimney is pushed back down and the juice flow reopened.
Nice little feature and one I think is to reduce the possibility of leaking when refilling.
It looks like your standard sub ohm vape tank but the size for me is great. Not a big ass chunky tank, just a well built, cleanly designed tank that looks good on most box mods.
How Does The Innokin Cool Fire 4 TC100 Perform?
The main, ‘shout it from the rooftop’, feature on the TC100 is the new Aethon chipset which promises ultra fast accurate performance with Ni200, Ti and Stainless steel in temp control mode.
The chip is accurate to 0.00000 ohms. My 0.5Ohm SS coil actually read 0.50805 or there about.
We will come back to the various coil performance, first lets look at the functions and how the TC100 mod works.
- On/Off – 3 Clicks of the fire button
- Place new tank/coil on the mod and it asks for coil type automatically. Use ‘+’ ‘-‘ function buttons to highlight and fire button to select.
- Press fire button and ‘+’ function button to manually select Ti, Ni, SS, VW.
- Press fire button and ‘-‘ to select ramp up wattage when in temp control. The lower the setting the longer the coil takes to reach it’s targeted temperature.
- Press ‘+’ and ‘-‘ function buttons at the same time for 2 seconds to display puff counter, current coil resistance and current voltage.
- Press ‘+’ and ‘-‘ (keep pressing) to flip screen. Change depending on left or right hand use.
- Press ‘+’ or ‘-‘ to scroll through temp control or wattage settings.
All very simple to control and for the vapers among us who are familiar with Innokin mods then you will be familiar with the way it works.
The mod requires you to confirm your coil when removing and replacing your tank pretty much making this mod fool proof. It’s pretty hard to choose the wrong coil settings.
Apart from this and changing your wattage/temp you are good to vape when a tank is placed on top.
Ni200 / Titanium and SS Coil Performance In TC Mode
I tried out the whole range of coils with a mix of Riot Squad Punk Grenade and Twelve Monkeys e juice. The great thing is I could easily swap the coils out without the need to empty any e juice. Simply unscrew the base of the iSub V, pull the coil out and replace.
The mod will ask you if you have a new coil, select which one and away you go.
In temp control the nickel and Titanium worked well as would be expected.
The stainless steal coil I pushed to the edge and as in the other coil mediums the mod started to regulate the power as the cotton began to dry.
You could keep the fire button pressed for a lengthy time with a full tank of e juice and you would have a hard time burning your wick. Which is the whole point right!
I did find that when the cotton was pretty much dry that there was a slight tinge of a smoky cotton flavor coming through. But this isn’t a ‘real world’ scenario and normal people would have re-filled long before.
Having said that, filling the tank after this the flavor of the e juice was good, not tainted in any way.
I found the flavor of the Stainless Steel coils to be the best of the ones tested providing a very good flavor in both temp control and standard VW mode.
The battery life for the range I was vaping in was good. The 3300 mAh integrated battery saw me through a day when vaping in TC mode at 400-480˚ƒ and 50W to just vaping at 30W in VW mode.
The mod is also supports 5V/2A fast charging with a compatible charger. Even with the supplied micro USB cable charging time was decent at around 3.5-4 hours.
What I Like
The temp control works a treat in all forms, including stainless steel. For vapers new to temperature control then this is as easy as it gets in terms of functions.
Build quality, as with most Innokin devices, is excellent. The added power upto 100W will fit in with even the most advanced vapers needs.
The iSub V tank is a great performer, the flavor, especially with the SS coils, is superb. Add to that the easy swap coil system and top fill it makes for one of the most convenient tanks around.
What I Don’t Like
It’s a tough one. There isn’t anything that is a negative. Maybe if you are vaping at the higher end of the 100W capacity the 3300 mAh battery may not last as you would like.
I don’t get up to these levels so the battery life was good for me.
Final Review Verdict
The Cool Fire 4 TC100 pretty much has it all when it comes to performance across the coil mediums.
It’s a welcome sight to see stainless steel working a treat in temp control.
There is minimal difference in design and build quality to the Cool Fire 4 Plus so if you have that mod and are looking to step over to the world of temperature control then you know what you are getting.
I can’t help but be impressed with the devices Innokin release, from the Endura T18 2 aimed at new vapers to this, the Cool Fire 4 TC100, they seem to nail it every time.
- Excellent Build Quality
- Temp control works well with Ni, Ti and SS
- Power up to 100W
- Battery life may not be great for vapers constantly vaping at the top end of the power range.