Cool Fire 4 Plus From Innokin – Beefed Up Specs But Does Offer An Improvement On The ‘4’?
I’ve got to say, Innokin are releasing some of the best vape devices around at the moment. The first Cool Fire 4 was (and still is) a superb mod that all levels of users were jumping on board with and something I still use regularly.
So how could they improve it with a ‘+’ model? Well, there wasn’t a huge amount that needed improving but the one thing that kept popping up in various vape reviews was that it could do with an improved battery life on the current 2000mah.
Ahhh.. I remember the days of getting excited about a 650mAh battery!
That’s where the Cool Fire 4 Plus comes in, same beautiful design but now with a corker of a battery, 3300mah.
Let’s take a closer look and see what the 4 Plus can offer.
In The Box
More tidy packaging from Innokin, inside the box you will find the following:
- 70W Innokin Cool Fire IV Mod (3300mAh Battery)
- 1 x 4.5ml iSub G Tank (Kit is also available with the iSub Apex tank)
- 2 X 0.5ohm coil heads (one already installed in the tank)
- Micro USB charging cable
- 510/Ego adapter
- Spare O rings for the tank
- User Manual (Have a sneak peak at the Cool Fire 4 Plus manual here)
- 70W power output
- 3300mAh battery
- Coil resistance 0.1 -3.5
- Positive pin – Spring loaded, gold plated
- 3 click on/off
- Vape whilst charging
- Bright OLED screen that displays remaining battery life – Coil resistance – Watts and volts.
- 15 Second safety cut off
- Short circuit protection
- Over discharge protection
- Over heat protection
Cool Fire IV Build Quality & Design
The Cool Fire 4 Plus has, thankfully, not strayed far from the original design. It still retains the curved design that fits just right in the palm of the hand.
Yes it is thicker on the side that houses the OLED screen and power button but that’s a given considering the increased 3300 mAh battery capacity. It basically looks like the Cool Fire 4 has been down the gym for a few work outs for a month or two and come out as the plus.
It’s still a super solid vape mod and has a nice weight to it that adds to the quality feel.
The OLED screen is very clear and easy to read for those of us with less than stellar eye sight. The Power button has also grown but provides a satisfying click when fired and is perfectly placed.
The power button also has the standard tri colour light effect around the button that gives you a rough idea of the remaining battery power:
- Green = 3.75V or higher
- Yellow = 3.6V – 3.74V
- Red = Under 3.6V
- When the battery reaches 3.3V or lower the red light will flash and the mod will automatically power off. If this happens get it on the charger!
There are a few different finishes available in the Cool Fire 4 Plus range, I received the black and red for review which are both quite different.
The black version has the same finish as the ‘4’, which is a brushed steel that’s almost like a wood grain effect running the length of the mod and it feels great to the touch. The silver/stainless steel version also has this finish.
The red version (and the blue) has a smooth body and from the images I had seen before receiving the product I wasn’t too keen. In the hand though it’s a different story altogether. The smooth finish actually lends itself well to the overall design and again feels quality in the hand.
I personally prefer the finish of the black but of course it’s all personal preference.
They have also just released the Storm Edition to coincide with the Star Wars release and this looks cool, all white and if you have the matching Storm Trooper costume you are good to go!
Back to the OLED screen and it’s functions. It’s all very easy to use especially for vapers that have used these kind of menu systems on other mods.
Here is a quick overview of the control functions accessed from the 3 buttons:
- On/Off – Click the power button 3 times
- Press power button (with tank/coil attached) to display remaining battery, coil resistance, volts and watts.
- A timer that counts in seconds will also display when vaping
- Press and hold either the ‘+’ or ‘-‘ button, when the volts/watt display flashes you can then use the buttons to scroll up or down to select desired output. This moves in 0.5W or 0.1V increments.
- Pressing both ‘+’ and ‘-‘ buttons together to display current coil resistance, battery voltage and number of puffs since you last turned on the device.
- Finally holding the ‘+’ and ‘-‘ buttons for 3 seconds flips the screen!
Summing up I am again very impressed with the build of the Cool Fire 4 Plus, both finishes feel great in the hand and the materials used add a high end quality feel. It really is a beauty of a mod.
How Does The Cool Fire 4 Perform?
On to the performance. In short I’ll just say straight off the bat, the battery life on this mod is superb. I started off using the iSub G tank with a 0.5 coil and as a moderate vaper I easily got a full 2.5 – 3 days of vaping at around the 25W mark.
Once the 0.5ohm coil had run it’s course (around 1.5 weeks this time) I swapped it out for the 2.0oHm coil head vaping between 9W-10W, which for my e juice was spot on. Then I struggled to get the battery to run down! I almost lost count of the days I got from the battery with this coil, was around 4 or 5 though, seemed to go forever!
The mod also handled the 0.2ohm coils easily and hovering around the 40W mark was my sweet spot. The battery obviously ran down quicker as expected but still impressive nonetheless.
iSub G Tank Performance
The flavour and vapour from the iSub g is very good albeit it the tank is a touch on the noisy side.
Also the bottom filling tank isn’t ideal but that’s not a big issue and the addition of the ‘no spill coil swap’ system makes switching coils out super easy without having to empty out your tank.
iSub Apex Tank Performance
This has been my go-to tank for a while now, I love the top fill design and can fill this up walking down the street in a few seconds. The flavour is excellent as is the vapour produced with the 0.5 ohm coils. Top, top tank.
Innokin have also recently released BVC Clapton coils with their new Apex 5ml capacity tank, we have a separate review for this coming up soon.
Final Innokin Cool Fire 4 Plus Review Verdict
Innokin have knocked it right out of the park again with the Cool Fire 4 Plus. They have made a superb mod, the Cool Fire 4, even better.
The battery life is excellent and the 70W output should keep the majority of vapers happy although I personally vape around 20-25W with the 0.5ohm coils.
The lack of temp control may be an issue for some but Innokin have released the Cortex to cover this area.
The build quality as I have now come to expect with Innokin is superb and considering it has a 3300mAh battery the 4 Plus is still a portable vape mod.
I’ve had no problems at all. Another highly recommended product.
- Fantastic build quality and form
- Superb battery life
- Both the tanks that come with the kit (iSub G and iSub Apex) perform very well
- 70W of power should be enough to keep most levels of vaper happy
- No real con’s that I can think of.