The Alter Pod Kit By OBS Previewed
The OBS Alter Pod Kit is like a pod kit on steroids!
Let me explain why!
For a start it has a huge battery capacity of 2500mAh which is the kind of battery you normally get in a much bigger kit! You charge the battery via a type C USB port.
Plus this device will output between 5 and 70W!
There is a LED screen – although the size has not been specified so you can have proper variable wattage and plenty of info at hand.
The kit has been designed to keep MTL (Mouth to lung) and DTL (Direct to lung) vapers happy with two pod/coil combo options and the coils are replaceable:
- Sub ohm / High Power package: This has the sub ohm airflow base and includes the M1 0.2ohm coil and the M3 0.15ohm coil. The M1 and M3 coils are also used in the Cube Kit and Cube X kits.
- Nic Salt / Low Power package: This includes the nic salt (MTL airflow base) and the NX 1.4ohm coil and the SX 0.15ohm coil. More suitable for those who vape Nicotine Salt or high nicotine e-liquids.
We tell you what the terms MTL and DTL mean in our Guide To Vaping Styles.
As the OBS website does not specify what comes in the kit I am not sure if the coil / pod packages are optional extras?
On the pod as mentioned above is the adjustable airflow base and there is a sliding top fill port. An e-liquid window on the side of the device allows you to view the e-liquid level remaining.
There are 5 colours to choose from: Black, Original, Yellow, Red and Blue
- Kit contents not specified at present
OBS Alter Pod Kit Specs
- Size: 85x43x24mm
- Output: 5-70W
- Resistance range: 0.15-3ohm
- Battery: 2500mAh (internal)
- Display: LED Screen
- E-liquid capacity: Sub Ohm / High power Pod = 3.5ml (Standard) / 2ml (TPD), Nic Salt / Low Power Pod = 5ml (standard) / 2ml (TPD)
- Coils: M1 (0.2ohm), M3 (0.15ohm), SX (1.4ohm), NX (0.15ohm)
- Bottom adjustable airflow – changeable airflow bases for Sub Ohm or MTL
- Top filling
- Magnetic connection pod
- Type C USB port
Wow this is a beast – powerful little pod kit!
What do you think of the OBS Alter Pod Kit? Let me know in the comments below!