The Vapefly Optima Pod Mod is the latest pod vape kit release from a fairly new company which has already established a great reputation.
What To Expect From The Vapefly Optima Pod Mod?
The main component is the actual mod itself which uses a single 18650 battery.
A Type C charging port is included for emergency charging at a 2A charge rate.
The side of the device features the 0.91in screen with which you can view your wattage setting which is adjustable from 5-80W.
The pod is where the e-liquid and coil live and there are 3 types of pod available…
- Standard Optima Pod – this uses the FreeCore Mesh coils and is included in the kit.
- RMC Pod – this has a Rebuildable Mesh Coil and is included in the kit.
- Mesh RDTA Pod – this has a full build deck for wire coils or mesh builds and is available separately. This also has adjustable airflow.
The standard and RMC pods have a U” shaped airflow which Vapefly say is leakproof. The airflow does appear to be fixed on these pods?
The standard pod uses the new “FreeCore” mesh coil range and 0.3ohm and 0.6ohm coils are included in the kit.
Here is an introduction video from Vapefly.
There are 5 colour options to choose from: Blue, Red, Silver, Gunmetal and Black.
- Vapefly Optima Pod Mod
- Pod cartridge
- FreeCore Mesh Coil 0.3ohm
- FreeCore Mesh Coil 0.6ohm
- RMC Accessories pack
- RMC Pod cartridge
- USB Type C Cable
- User manual
Vapefly Optima Pod Mod Specs
- Size: 22.4×30.7x115mm
- Output: 5-80W
- Battery: 1x 18650 (not included)
- Display: 0.91in Screen
- Resistance limits: not stated
- E-liquid capacity: 3.5ml (standard) / 2ml TPD
- USB Type C Charging – 2A charge rate
- Pods: Refillable, replaceable coil
- Coils: FreeCore Mesh Coils Plus RMC (Rebuildable pod)
- Pod capacity: 3.5ml (Standard) / 2ml (TPD)
- “U” Shaped Leak-free airflow
- Side refill port
- Mesh RDTA pod available
All looks ace to me apart from the grey area of airflow adjustment on the Standard and RMC pods – I hope this is just an omission rather than fixed airflow?
Let me know your thoughts on the Vapefly Optima Pod Mod in the comments below!