The VaporFi Vox 80 watt box mod is powered by a huge internal 4000mAH battery and feels as though it could get run over by a truck and still work!
As with most VaporFi products, including it’s little brother the VOX 40 TC mod, this piece of hardcore vaping kit is built to last and with no need to insert a battery it’s a no frills take and vape anywhere device.
Vox 80 by Vaporfi – As Tough as Vape Mods Come But How Does it Vape?
Vox means ‘voice’ in Latin so has this one got me lost for words or shouting its merits from the rooftops?
Let’s take a closer look to see if this is a worthy contender for our best vape mod list.
As always my thoughts and opinions are my own – and my vaping voice certainly can’t be bought 😉
Inside the Box
The usual fresh looking standard box from VaporFi with the bare essentials inside.
- 1 VaporFi VOX® 80 TC
- 1 USB Cable
- User Manual
It’s yet another VaporFi device I’d describe as ‘boxy’ – and can quite heavy after prolonged use.
VaporFi VOX® 80 TC Specs
- Brushed Zinc Alloy Construction
- Wattage Range: 1 – 80 Watts
- Built-in 4000mAh Battery
- Temperature Control Compatible
- Resistance Range: 0.1ohm-3.5ohm
- Temperature Resistance Range: 0.05ohm-1.5ohm
- Temperature Range: 200°F-600°F / 100°C-315°C
- Modes: Power/Ni200/TCR/Bypass
- Memory Mode (M1,M2,M3)
- Stealth Vaping Mode
- Keylock Feature
- Over-Discharge Protection
- Over-Charging Protection
- Over Current Protection
- 0.96″ inch OLED
- Real Time Clock (RTC)
- Charged via USB
VaporFi VOX® 80 TC Quick Start Guide
- X5 clicks of the power button turns the device on and off
- X3 clicks of the power button to enter menu mode
- + & – buttons to navigate menu and settings
- Click power button to select correct setting
- In temp mode change from Celsius to Fahrenheit by holding + button until it round robins
- + & – buttons together locks the screen
- Can be vaped whilst charging [pass through]
- Bypass mode also available
The 4000mAH internal built-in dual li-po battery means not only do you not need the expense of batteries but this vape device will last you a long time.
Indeed I used this for a week on my desk and found vaping at a steady 65 watts it lasted me over a day and a half.
There’s a full suite of temperature control options including x3 memory settings and Power /Ni200 /TCR and Bypass modes.
The funky clock [that I can’t seem to change the time on lol] adds a nice touch to the pleasantly crisp and clear 0.96″ OLED screen.
It’s only 22mm wide so larger atties might look out of place but the 510 is spring loaded and the Vaporfi Vox 80 can fire as low as 0.1ohm atomizers.
Design and Build Quality
This is built like a brick and then some!
As with most VaporFi products it’s solidly built and in this case very heavy indeed and its tough brush zinc alloy body feels like it can take more than a few knocks – maybe even with a sledgehammer though I wouldn’t recommend you try it!
I can’t stress just how heavy this bad boy is!
Design wise it’s not that appealing if you like fancy mods – however it does have a certain shall we say functional charm.
The buttons are recessed and extremely clicky whilst the top of the device has a kind of mirrored finish which does make it a bit of a fingerprint magnet.
- There’s a decent amount of battery venting on the base and the only other design element is the VaporFi logo on the side – given I received the black version you can barely see it – stainless steel is also available.
- I’ve mentioned this before with other Vox and Vex mods – the base is quite sharp in the palm of your hand – might be my soft hands but it can get a little ‘jaggy’ after a while.
How Does the VaporFi VOX 80 TC Mod Perform?
It vapes very well indeed and really feels like its kicking like a mule no matter what build I put on it.
For the temp control test I popped on my trusty Innokin Slipstream with a pretty much dry coil and again the device fired but I had no dry hit or burning taste – so based on that simple test it seems to work OK.
I’ve already mentioned I got excellent battery life out of it and the fact it can be vaped whilst charging is a bonus.
All in all it does what it says on the box – can’t say fairer than that!
What I Like
You have to say a 4000mAH internal battery has to be a good thing – this tough little dude keeps on vaping.
The menu is simple enough – apart from changing the clock lol – and the screen is crisp.
The buttons are very nice to handle with a lovely throw to them and a solid sound!
And I really do think the Vox 80 box mod could take some serious hits as it’s built like a tank.
Design wise I guess it’s subjective – it is very boxy but in a good way and it’s a solid no frills device that does its job well.
What I Don’t Like
The clock function is very annoying – for me anyway and I might need my 8-year-old grandson to help me set that up lol.
I’ve mentioned it on a few VaporFi products and that is the base is quite uncomfortable in the hand.
No getting around it the Vox 80 is one heavy heavy vape mod!
Final Review Verdict
The Vaporfi Vox 80 isn’t the prettiest nor is it the best internal battery mod I’ve used – but it certainly handles most of what you care to throw at it.
The battery is strong and doesn’t seem to want to give up and I reckon you really could drive a small truck over it and the bloody thing would jump up and shout ‘Again!’ – this is a tough bugger!
So you need to balance the look and weight against what is undoubtedly a solid hard hitting performer.
At its original price I would have given it a thumbs down but with the $50 off at the moment and if you want a no frills hard hitter that can take some stick I’d give it thumbs up.
- Powerful built in battery
- Sturdy construction
- Temp – Power and Bypass modes
- Good safety features
- Quick charging – 90 minutes flat to full
- Good price at the moment
- Only 22mm wide
- Basic design