The Wotofo SMRT Pod Kit is marketed as being the “Most playable pod system”…
In Wotofo terms “Playable” means “hacking coil heads with ease”…
More Details On The Wotofo SMRT Pod Kit…
So the main marketing feature is related to “hacking” the coil heads. How does this work exactly?
Well for a start the pod will take stock coils – either the Wotofo D range or Vaporesso GTX / Voopoo PnP coils – so a lot of compatibility.
I am not sure if these coils are compatible with other Wotofo products – for instance the Manik pod kit coils look very similar? There is 1 stock coil included in the kit but the full range are as below:
- D11 Net Mesh – 0.2ohm (available separately)
- D13 A1 NexMESH – 0.2ohm NexMESH technology (available separately)
- D14 A1 Conical NexMESH 0.2ohm – uses a conical heating element to concentrate the flavour as it moves up the mesh structure (available separately)
- D15 Clapton Mesh – this is a style of mesh where there are additional heating wires wrapped around the horizontal mesh structure to give more surface area. (included in kit)
In addition to the stock coils you also get included in the kit the “rebuildable pack” to rebuild your own coils.
There is a coil head body, adaptor, winding rod, 6 cotton strips and NexMESH mesh strips – 2 of each…
- Extreme 0.2ohm – thin mesh structure
- Turbo 0.2ohm – small hexagonal mesh structure
- Chill 0.2ohm – large hexagonal mesh structure
A coil building tutorial video from the Wotofo Official YouTube channel shows you how…
A refilling port is provided on the side of the pod and it will hold up to 4ml of your own e-liquid. However in TPD regulated areas this capacity is reduced to 2ml sadly.
Looking at the mod now – you will be noticing the huge “Manik” graphic on the side of the device – which I am confused by as it is marketed as “SMRT”? Also there is a lot of “noise” with all the branding and safety markings on it!
Inside the mod is a 2000mAh internal battery which is charged via the USB Type C port at a 1.5A charge rate.
The output is specified as 5-80W and a 0.96in TFT screen displays all of your vaping data.
I assume that Variable wattage is the only user mode available as no others are mentioned and also there is a lack of info related to the airflow. It only states “side airflow” on the website and no mention if this is adjustable? I hope so on such a versatile kit!
There are 4 colours to choose from: Black Blue, Black Red, Gold and Black.
- Wotofo SMRT mod
- SMRT PnP pod cartridge
- SMRT PnP rebuildable coil kit – contains 6x mesh strips, 6x cotton strips, coiling rod and accessories
- D15 Clapton M coil x1
- Type C USB Cable
- User manual
Wotofo SMRT Pod Kit Specs
- Size: 117.3×29.2x23mm
- Output: 5-80W VW
- Battery: 2000mAh (internal)
- Display: 0.96in TFT Screen
- Resistance limits: Not stated
- E-liquid capacity: 4.5ml (standard) / 2ml (TPD)
- Type C USB Charging – 1.5A charge rate
- Pods: Refillable, replaceable coil pods
- Pod options: D15, D11, D13, D14, Compatible with Vaporesso GTX coils, Voopoo PnP Coils
- Rebuildable coil kit included
- Side filling
- Side airflow
I think we can all agree this is a pretty versatile kit with 5-80W output and the choice of D stock coils, Voopoo PnP coils and Vaporesso GTX coils. Plus you can also rebuild the coils yourself and everything is included in the kit.
Oh and they have gone pretty crazy with all that branding – I don’t mind a bit of bling – but flipping heck there’s a lot going on there!
Let me know what you think in the comments below!