The Geekvape Obelisk Z Kit includes the Obelisk mod and the Z (Zeus) Sub Ohm Tank.
There is also mention of an Obelisk sub ohm tank – so this might be available with the mod in the future but there are no details at present.
More Details On The Geekvape Obelisk Kits
The exciting element of this kit is the quick charging Obelisk mod. This has a similar technology to the recent VapX Meteor – I cover some of the technical aspects in that preview.
Basically Geekvape say you can fully charge the mod in 15 minutes. There are 2 different charging methods…
Firstly you can use the USB type C port and a mains or USB port to charge at a 2A charge rate – I am not sure if this method will fully charge in 15 mins or not?
Or you can purchase the PD fast charger which is like the wireless chargers that modern mobile phones use which output higher charge rates and can adjust the rate according to the battery being charged.
The fast charging systems (PD 2.0, 3.0 and QC 2.0, 3.0, 4.0) allow for this type of charging plus the two way flow of power. This means that the USB C port on the mod can also be used as a “Power bank” to charge other devices such as another vape or phone using the included USB C to USB C cable. This is available using the “OTG” (On The Go) user mode.
Inside the mod is a 3700mAh battery with the output specified as 5-120W.
A colour 0.96in TFT screen provides all of your vaping data at a glance.
The Z Sub Ohm Tank has already been reviewed by us HERE so just a few brief details to cover on this…
You can get either the standard 5ml version or for TPD Regulated areas this capacity is reduced to 2ml.
The tank uses the Z coil range and the 0.2 and 0.4ohm coils are included in the kit.
An adjustable airflow inlet is located on the top of the tank to help eliminate leakage and the top cap screws off to give access to the fill port.
Here is a video from Geekvape introducing the Obelisk…
There are 4 colours to choose from: Black, Blue, Gunmetal and Silver.
The Geekvape Obelisk kit contents vary according to which kit you buy…
- Geekvape Obelisk Mod
- Z Sub Ohm Tank
- 65W PD quick charger (optional or available separately)
- Interchangeable plug
- USB C to USB C charging cable
- 0.2ohm Z series coil
- 0.4ohm Z series coil
- Coil removal tool
- Spare parts pack
- Spare glass
- Type C USB Cable
- User manual
- USB C to USB C cable
- Interchangeable plug – US / EU / UK / AU
- User manual
Obelisk Mod Only
- Obelisk mod
- USB C to USB C cable
Geekvape Obelisk Mod Specs
- Size: 130.2x27x48.4mm (including tank)
- Battery: 3700mah (internal)
- Display: 0.96in TFT colour screen
- Output: 5-120W
- User modes: VW, TC (SS), TCR, VPC, Bypass
- OTG charging for use as a mobile power bank
- Type C USB charging – 2A charge rate
- Fast charging – with optional charger – 3.25A 20V (65W) – 15 mins full fast charge
- Temperature control limits: 200-600°F / 100-315°C
- Resistance range: not specified
Obelisk Charger Specs
- Mains charger with interchangeable mains plug
- Output voltage: 5v 3A, 9V 3A, 12V 3A, 15V 3A, 20V 3.25A
- Input voltage: 100-240V
- Fast charging protocols: Supports PD2.0, PD3.0, QC 2.0, QC 3.0 and QC 4.0
Geekvape Z Sub Ohm Tank Specs
- Size: 26×42.5mm
- Capacity: 5ml (standard) / 2ml (TPD)
- Coil: Z series coil
- Adjustable top airflow
- Top screw off fill cap
- 810 drip tip
Geekvape have hinted on social media that in the future new devices will also use the quick charging system – so keep an eye out for those!
I would like more details on the details of charging as they seem to bit a bit vague at present.
Let me know your thoughts on the Geekvape Obelisk Z Kit in the comments below!