The Smok IPX80 Kit is a new pod mod kit which is so named to reflect the fact this has a IPX67 protection rating and a 80W output.
More Details On The Smok IPX80 Kit…
So as mentioned above this has an adjustable output of 1-80W which should cater to the large range of coils available.
Also unusually for an 80W output mod this has a 3000mAh internal battery which is recharged at up to 1.4A charge rate via the USB Type C Port.
A 0.96in colour display is provided to make all of your adjustments and view your vaping data.
This has a IP67 rating for being Waterproof, Shockproof and Dustproof.
On the side of the mod are 2 wheels which when you turn adjust the incoming airflow to your preference.
There are 2 compatible pods for the IPX80…
- RPM2 pod – this is included in the kit and is compatible with the RPM2 coil range.
- RPM pod – this is available separately to allow you to use the original RPM range of coils.
Included in the kit are the RPM2 Mesh 0.16ohm coil and the RPM3 Dual wire coil which has a 0.6ohm resistance.
The pod features the familiar “Duck bill” mouthpiece and a clear area to view your e-liquid level when it is installed in the mod.
A side fill port is provided for refilling of up to 5.5ml of your own e-liquid. However I imagine this capacity will have to be reduced to 2ml for marketing in TPD Regulated Areas.
There are 7 colours to choose from: Grey, Blue, Black Carbon Fibre, Brown, Red, Fluid 7-Colour and Fluid Black/Grey.
- Smok IPX80 Mod
- RPM2 Pod
- RPM2 0.16ohm Mesh Coil
- RPM2 0.6ohm DC MTL Coil
- USB Type C Cable
- User manual
Smok IPX80 Kit Specs
- Size: 107×34.8×34.5
- Output: 1-80W VW
- Battery: 3000mAh (internal)
- Display: 0.96in Screen
- Resistance limits: 0.15-3ohm
- E-liquid capacity: 5.5ml (standard)
- USB Type C Charging – 1.4A charge rate
- Pods: Refillable, replaceable coil pods
- Coils: RPM2 coil range (with RPM2 pod) / RPM coil range (with RPM pod)
- IPX67 Waterproof, Shockproof and Dustproof rating
- Adjustable airflow dial
- Side fill pod
So although this looks a lot like previous Smok pod kits – the addition of the airflow adjustment is a winner for me – something which was massively lacking in some of their kits.
Let me know your thoughts on the Smok IPX80 Kit in the comments below!