The Species Kit By Smok Previewed
We have a new kit from Smok – this time it is the Smok Species Kit which includes the new TFV8 Baby V2 tank.
I will look at the tank first – yet again the crazy Smok naming conventions are out in force and this is a Baby V2 version of the TFV8 tank.
I am not sure if previous TFV8 coils are compatible as a new range of Baby V2 coils have been released for this tank.
The coils available come in 3 different colours so you can match them to your tank. You get the Baby V2 A1 and A2 heads in the kit.
- A1 Baby V2 – single mesh coil 0.17ohm rated 90-140W
- A2 Baby V2 – dual coil mesh head 0.2ohm rated 50-80W
- A3 Baby V2 – triple mesh coil 0.15ohm rated 60-100W.
The mod is the Smok Species mod which uses two 18650 batteries which are not included in the kit.
A 1.45inch colour high definition screen on the front which is touch operated provides all the controls.
There is one button for locking and unlocking the screen plus the side mounted fire bar.
Smok have created a new user interface for the Species mod and you can select from 6 colour themes for the display.
There are 8 colours available – Black/Red, Red/Black, Gold/Black, Prism Blue/Black, Prism Chrome/Black, Green/Black, White/Red and 7 Colour/Black.
- Smok Species Mod
- Smok TFV8 Baby V2 tank
- Baby V2 A1 single coil
- Baby V2 A2 dual coil
- Spare parts
- USB cable
- User guide
Smok Species Mod Specs
- Size: 82.1x49x30.6mm
- Battery: 2×18650 not included
- Maximum output: 230W
- Display: 1.45in HD touch screen
- Resistance range: 0.1-2.5ohm (VW) / 0.05-2ohm (TC)
- Power modes: VW, TC
- Temperature range: 100-315°C/200-600°F
- Firmware upgradeable
- Screen unlock button
- 6 display colour themes
Smok TFV8 Baby V2 Tank Specs
- Size: 30x54mm (standard) / 54×25.4mm (EU)
- Capacity: 5ml (standard) / 2ml EU
- Uses Baby V2 coils
- Coils come in different colours
- Anti-bacterial medical grade cotton wicking
- Press on drip tip
- Top refill with child lock
- Larger refill slot
- Gold plated 510 connector
- 3 wide airflow adjustment slots
Actually I quite like the look of this latest Smok offering – apart from the horrible tank naming conventions – all makes for more confusion when trying to buy replacement coils!
Will you be buying the Smok Species Kit? Let me know your thoughts in the comments below!