The Voopoo Drag Max is a new kit which has me really scratching my head in confusion.
Seeing the name “DRAG” instantly takes a lot of vapers back to the classic Drag box mod which was hugely popular.
What To Expect From The Voopoo Drag Max?
Recently the limits between what is a pod mod and what is a box mod have been slightly blurred. Pod kits with 510 adaptors have allowed the device to be used with any atomiser just like a box mod.
However the Drag Max doesn’t neatly fit into any category – in fact it is quite an odd hybrid.
The mod part is very much like the Drag 2 box mod, with 5-177W output and 2×18650 batteries are required to provide the power.
Inside the mod is the GENE.FAN 2.0 chip which gives 2 user modes:
- Smart – this selects the correct power output to suit the coil installed.
- RBA Mode – this gives you full adjustment of output power.
A huge 1.08in colour TFT screen has 2 display type options to give a clear view of all of your vaping data.
Where you would usually find the 510 connector to add an atomiser to the mod – you now find a magnetic pod connector.
The reason for this is that there are multiple pods you can then attach to the mod.
- PnP 4.5ml pod (included in standard kit)
- PnP 2ml pod (included in TPD kit)
- MTL PnP pod (Available separately)
- RTA PnP pod (Available separately)
The standard and MTL PnP pods take the current PnP coil range – of which there are a lot to choose from.
You can also use the PnP RTA pod and build your own coils to your preference.
The kit includes the following coils:
- PnP-VM5 0.2ohm mesh
- PnP-VM6 0.15ohm mesh
There is an airflow adjustment on the mod itself and the pod is refillable via the bottom fill port.
Here is a short introduction video from the Voopoo YouTube channel.
There are 5 colours to choose from: Classic, Vintage Brown, Galaxy Blue, Vintage Grey and Marsala.
- Voopoo Drag Max mod
- PnP pod
- 0.2ohm PnP VM5 coil
- 0.15ohm PnP VM6 coil
- USB Type C cable
- User manual
Voopoo Drag Max Specs
- Size: 122×50.25x25mm
- Output: 5-177W
- Battery: 2×18650 (not included)
- Display: 1.08in TFT Colour screen with different display styles
- User modes: RBA (DIY) and Smart Mode
- E-liquid capacity: 4.5ml (Standard) / 2ml (TPD)
- Pods: Refillable, replaceable coil, different pod options (PnP 4.5ml pod, 2ml pod, MTL pod and RTA Pod)
- Resistance range: 0.1-3ohm
- Coil options: PnP coil range
- GENE.FAN 2.0 chipset
- Type C USB – 2A charge rate
- Bottom pod fill port
- Airflow adjustment lever on mod body
- Magnetic pod connection
The reason I am so confused is that I am not sure if this mod can be used with a standard 510 connection atomiser? If not then the beauty and versatility of a box mod has been lost and you are reduced to only being able to use one of 4 pods available.
Do you think the Voopoo Drag Max is the hybrid kit for you? Let me know in the comments below!