The Wismec CB-60 is marketed as a starter kit mainly for high nicotine users.
These are usually people using vaping to give up or stay off tobacco.
Nicotine Salt liquid is an E-liquid using a different type of nicotine which is absorbed better and can help smokers get more of a hit to keep them off the cigarettes.
What Can We Expect From The CB-60 By Wismec
The CB-60 kit is made up of the CB-60 vape mod and Amor tank. The mod is nice and compact despite the respectable inbuilt 2300mAh battery. The mod can reach upto 60W. The tanks, as mentioned, is a mouth to lung tank that offers a similar experience to smoking. It comes with 2 x coil heads.
I love the idea of this –this is a great market to tap into for those who want to try something more than a cig-a-like or vape pen without getting bogged down in over powered or over complicated equipment they don’t need.
What’s In The Box
- Wismec CB-60 mod
- Amor NS Tank
- Spare tank glass
- Quick Charge USB cable
- 2 x WS03 MTL 1.5ohm coil heads
- User manual
- Spare parts
- Warning card
Wismec CB-60 Specifications
- Battery: Inbuilt 2300 mAh
- 2A quick charge
- 0.91 inch OLED display
- 510 spring loaded tank connection
- Size: 22x37x76mm
- Weight: 118.9g
- Output wattage: 1-60W
- Output voltage range: 0.5-9V
Amor NS Tank
- Size：Diameter 22 x 45mm
- Coil: WS03 MTL 1.5 0hm
- Bottom airflow adjustment
- Top filling
Build Quality & Design
Getting this out of the box I am really struck how tiny this is. Even the tank looks like a miniature version!
I was sent the green version for this review and I really love this colour –this is the colour I would pick if ordering it myself!
Jonny also had the black in hand which he said was quality:
The main body is a coloured zinc alloy with a grip on one side and the other side houses the screen, fire button, adjustment buttons and USB port. It’s a lightweight mod if I’m honest I found it a little cheap looking.
Jonny – I’ve got the black version that sounds like it’s better quality than the green version Michelle received.. Mine, for a lightweight mod, felt great in the hand.. Sorry Shell, maybe the black version a little better built! 🙂
Back to Michelle – It is also taller than it is wide so a bit top heavy – placed on a desk the slightest movement will knock it over. But there is no denying it is very cute.
The screen is bright and clear and the buttons feel good. Nothing rattles when you shake it either.
On the sides where the black and green meet there is a weird discoloured area. These are on both sides and are LED lights that activate when pressing the power button – much better when you know but at first glance it looks very odd.
Surrounding the OLED screen is what looks to be a perspex screen that actually adds a nice finish from your standard screens.
This has an internal battery so you will be charging this with the USB port.
I tried a few other tanks on this to judge performance and see what the maximum tank size is that you could use without overhang. A 22mm diameter tank is the largest you can use – which is the size of the Amor NS tank.
Armor NS Tank
The tank is an Armor NS (NS stands for Nicotine Salts) designed for MTL vapers with a restricted diameter drip tip and 1.5ohm coils. There is a bottom adjustable airflow which moves nice and smoothly.
You can install other drip tips on the tank – make sure to buy 510 standard drip tips.
You get a nice package, with O-rings, Spare tank and a spare coil too –which I do like to see.
In The Hand
How Does the Wismec CB-60 Perform?
- Press the fire button 5 times to switch on and off.
- Holding down the fire button and the down button together will put this into “stealth mode” – i.e. no bright screen display if you having a sneaky vape somewhere.
- Press the up and down buttons together to lock the buttons – like you would do with a mobile phone keypad – to prevent accidental pressing of the buttons.
- Do the same to unlock.
- Press power button 3 times to enter ENU mode which is a charging protection feature
- You can turn the display 180 degrees to suit if you vape left or right handed – by pressing the up and down buttons together when the mod is turned off.
- Adjust the wattage output using the up and down buttons.
The airflow can be adjusted by turning the airflow adjustment ring to suit your preference. You can actually shut the airflow off completely – so plenty of adjustment.
Another little trick is to hold the fire button and the + at the same time until the bottom line of the display flashes. When flashing if you press the + button you can change this display between A (amps), P (puff count) and S (Puff seconds). I like this and it made me smile.
How To Charge the Wismec CB-60
Install the small end of the supplied USB cable into the charging port on the mod and the large end into a suitable USB outlet.
This has a 2A quick charge system.
How To Fill The Amor NS Tank
- Unscrew the top cap of the tank. There is very little to grip and the top cap is made from metal – I know as I had to use my teeth the once to get it to unscrew! I have even had to resort to using pipe grip pliers to get this top cap off. Just try not to over-tighten when screwing this back on!
- Squeeze e-liquid into the tank avoiding the centre tube.
- Replace the top cap.
- Make sure to keep an eye on the liquid level as if it drops too low and the coil gets dry it could damage the coil and give you a dry hit – which is something all vapers dread!
How To Change The Coil In The Amor NS Tank
If the performance is poor with a full tank and plenty of charge in battery then it could be time for a coil replacement. Also a burnt coil will need changing.
- Remove the tank from the mod.
- Turn the tank upside down.
- Unscrew the bottom of the tank.
- The coil head unscrews from the base.
- Screw a new coil onto the base.
- Replace the bottom cap on the tank. Ensure you don’t also tighten the top cap too much when replacing the base!
- Fill the tank and leave to stand for 5-10 minutes for the coil to absorb the liquid.
- Take a few inhales without pressing the fire button to get the liquid into the coil.
WS03 MTL 1.5ohm Coil Head CB-60
The WS03 1.5ohm coil is designed for MTL use. It has a power rating of 7-13W and is optimum at 8-10W.
I used a 50/50% VG/PG E-liquid from Halo Vapour Co. The liquid had 12mg/ml of nicotine – this matches what this tank is designed for. I did try an 80VG but it didn’t cope too well unsurprisingly.
At 7-10W this really didn’t do much – a small amount of vapour but little taste or throat hit.
Ramp up the power to 15W and yes this is what you want! At 17W it started to make nice noises and the taste and vapour improved so much.
I had no dry hits or spitting using at these power levels. I know I am naughty as this coil is recommended at 13W max – but it didn’t seem to perform at the power stated.
So 15-17W is what I think a smoker would find most satisfying, great throat hit too. Adjust the airflow to your preference and you get a great taste.
I did also test with Apollo Salt Nic and all was good with these too.
Wismec CB-60 with Other Tanks
I popped my Tron S tank – an old but excellent MTL tank – which I could turn the power up a bit more for. It was perfectly fine set at 20W and the mod performed wonderfully.
I also went a bit silly and popped the Carrys Green tank on this – it is way too big but this tank is good at 50-60W so I could test the higher power of the mod. It worked great at 55 and 60W not a problem – apart from the tank looking really silly hahaha!
So don’t be scared of using a higher powered tank on this it will output up to 60W.
Initially I have found when you first install a tank you get “Atomiser low” error message but then you pick it up to investigate and it has cleared and the real resistance rating is displayed.
This has an internal 2300mAh battery which is a pretty good capacity when you see the size of this!
As I finally lost my temper with the awkward Amor NS tank as I had an issue with the top cap not coming off! I decided to continue this review with a Tron-S tank. This has a 1.0 ohm MTL coil and runs at approximately 20W. So the battery may discharge quicker than with the supplied tank. I really could not carry on with the Amor tank – I am sorry!
I know this looks really silly – but I do want to use this mod – I want to see how long the battery lasts and whether the mod copes with day to day life. So will have to sacrifice beauty for performance for now…
As a guide to the battery life – I have been regularly vaping with this at 20W from full charge. The battery lasted 10 hours in total so that is excellent.
I put another tank on and ran this at 50W to see how the battery coped. Surprisingly the battery managed 3.5 hours of regular vaping! This little fella is great!
What I Like
This is so tiny and cute – like a miniature vape mod!
Mod performs excellently and just behaves itself.
You can use other tanks up to 22mm diameter and output up to 60W so this mod is going to cope with a few more upgrades!
Around 10 hours battery life vaping at 20W and 3.5 hours at 50W – wonderful!
What I Dislike
The top cap of the Amor NS tank – awful to try and remove to fill up! I am dreading having to fill it again. In fact I am trying to get an idea of the battery life and the tank needs refilling and I can’t get it to open at all. I will have to find my water pump pliers 🙁
I had to use another tank to continue to review this mod as I could no longer cope with filling the Amor NS.
Final Review Verdict
The Wismec CB-60 mod itself with a different tank is incredible. It is just a happy little mod – it looks good, it works great and is so simple to use! It is like a friendly puppy, cute and eager to please. A perfect first mod without the confusion of added functions such as temperature control.
The Amor NS tank however is not happy or eager to please.
I wouldn’t personally buy the tank – but I would definitely buy the mod. The performance of the Amor NS is OK, but not good enough to compensate for the difficulty in filling.
- Tiny and perfect for stealth vaping – it is like a dolls house mod!
- Excellent restricted MTL airflow.
- At 15-17W the throat hit and taste were good.
- Outputs up to 60W – the supplied tank coil only needs 13W so plenty of options to upgrade.
- 22mm or smaller tanks fit fine on this with no overhang.
- So simple to use even for new vapers, no difficult menus.
- Very cute happy little mod.
- Mod didn’t skip a beat and worked well all throughout testing.
- I know this isn’t a high power mod – but for MTL vapers using lower power – this is perfect!
- Great battery life!
- Tank top cap is so hard to remove.
- The green version looked a bit cheap (The black version, however seems to be better quality)
- Design is top heavy so isn’t very steady to stand up.
- I didn’t get on with the tank.