3 in 1 Vaporizer – The V2 Pro Series 7
V2 Cigs, if you haven’t come across them before, are one of the longest standing and biggest e cig / vaporizer brands in the USA.
Their overall vape product offering is pretty tight offering beginners their V2 Cigs kit and more advanced vapers the likes of the V2 Pro Series 3 vape pen and the vaporizer on review today, the V2 Pro Series 7.
The Pro Series 7 is their flagship vaporizer that promises to provide a mix of battery life and power with 3 vaping mediums.
Lets take a closer look at the V2 Pro Series 7 vaporizer.
In The Box
The Series 7 comes in a tidy cardboard presentation box and includes the following:
- 1 X V2 Series 7 Vaporizer
- 1 X E Liquid Cartridge
- 1 X Dry Herb Cartridge Chamber
- 1 X Magnetic USB Charger
- 1 X Wall Adapter
- 1 X User Manual
Design & Build Quality
First impressions of the V2 Pro Series 7 are good. It has a nice clean, simple design and a solid feel in the hand.
For those used to seeing standard e liquid vape pen devices then this will likely be something different in terms of looks.
For those that have used or have been searching for vaporizers that can vape dry herb / loose leaf and wax then the form factor will be more familiar.
The Pro Series 7 has 3 power settings for voltage (3.7V / 4.2V / 4.7V) when using e liquid and 3 temperature settings (390˚F – 420˚F – 455˚F) for loose leaf/dry herb and wax.
So there is quite a lot going on under the hood to work with the three different mediums as well as an impressive 1800 mah battery that saw me though 2 days moderate vaping using e liquid no problem.
E Liquid / Loose Leaf Cartridge
Similar to the Series 3 one of the standout features of the Series 7 is the magnetic slot cartridges.
Depending on the medium you are vaping the base of the cartridge has a different connection that the vaporizer recognizes when it slots into place.
So if the e liquid cartridge is connected it will work automatically in voltage mode and if the loose leaf is connected it will switch to temperature mode without you having to do a thing.
Filling the e liquid cartridge is simple, just remove the mouth piece, unscrew the top piece and carefully drip your e juice. The cartridge can hold 2.5ml of juice.
I really like the way the magnetic cartridges slot firmly into place without the need for screwing. It also makes it a breeze to switch from e liquid to loose leaf or wax.
Charging, again, uses a magnetic connection power lead. One of the good things about this is that there is little chance for user error using the wrong charger which can in some cases result in accidents.
The Series 7 also works as a pass through device so you can also vape whilst the unit is charging.
How Does The V2 Series Pro 7 Perform
One of the three mediums is of course e liquid and the Series 7 has 3 power setting you can vape with.
Here is a run down of the features in e liquid / wax mode:
- 3 click on/off – Press the power button 3 times in quick succession
- Voltage selection – The three lights under the power button represent each voltage setting. The smallest is 3.7v, middle 4.2v and the larger top light is 4.7v. Press the power button twice in quick succession. The device will then automatically light up each setting, simply press the power button once to choose your preferred voltage.
I personally found myself settling on 4.2v. 3.7v was a touch on the cool side, the 4.7v was a little to warm for Pure Evil e juice I was using. The 4.2v provided a very good vape with good vapor production. The flavors of the e liquid also came through well.
For a standard vape the result are definitely comparable to other vape pens available, just be aware this isn’t going to provide that sub ohm vaping experience, the latter of which of course isn’t for everyone.
The draw is also pretty tight as there is no airflow control so one for mouth to lung vapers.
One other thing to note is that once the cartridge has run it’s course ie; your e liquid starts to deteriorate in taste then you will have to buy a new cartridge. No swapping out coil heads here which would have been nice to see.
You should however get around 15 refills, possibly more depending on the type of e juice you are using.
The other cartridge that comes with the V2 Pro Series 7 kit is the loose leaf / dry herb chamber.
Here is a quick rundown of the features in loose leaf mode:
- Remove the mouthpiece and fill the chamber with dry herb of your choosing. Just don’t go past the top of the oven where the white material ends as the cap needs to be able to slot back into place. You will also be best off grinding the herbs fine.
- When the loose leaf cartridge is slotted into place the device automatically recognizes the medium.
- As with the e liquid mode, click the power button twice in quick succession to choose your preferred temperature setting. Bottom light 390˚F, middle light 420˚F and the top light is 455 ˚F.
- Press the power button for 3 seconds to activate the heating element in the vaporizer.
- The light on the base of the mod will turn red, then yellow and finally green when it’s ready to vape.
- For loose leaf the heat up time is around 30 seconds before it’s ready to go. You do not need to press the power button again to vape.
I personally preferred the lowest setting which provided a smooth vape. The cloud production is just OK but you can’t compare loose leaf with the vapor that e juice provides.
The higher temperature settings were just a little too harsh for me but this would all depend on what you are vaping and of course your preferences.
If you don’t vape for around 2 minutes the device will auto cut off and you will need to start the re-heating process again.
The oven chamber is also easy to clean out as the kit also comes with tools to help with this.
Final V2 Pro Series 7 Review Verdict
I’m no expert when it comes to vaporizing loose leaf, I mainly cover e liquid vape devices.
The V2 Pro Series 7, for me, did both very well. It’s not going to be for the vaper that wants a stand alone vape kit for e liquid, while it performs well for the price there are better stand alone e liquid vapes available.
So if this is you then I would recommend looking at other options or even checking out the V2 Pro Series 3.
If you are looking for a vaporizer for dry herb alone it’s a very good device. If you are looking for a 3 in 1 option for dry herb, e liquid and wax then this is a superb option.
All are easy to use and to swap out with minimum fuss.
Where To Buy The V2 Series 7