The 2nd Vape Device In The Innokin Endura Range – The T22 – A Good Choice For Beginners?
The Innokin Endura T22 is following hot on the heals of the Endura T18. The latter of which is an impressive vape pen for new users.
The T22 isn’t so much an updated device as the design is completely different. It is simply offering a higher capacity battery and tank for vapers that would prefer to have a longer battery life.
The Endura range is designed to be a super simple e cig that is easy for new users to pick up and use out of the box, something the T18 did perfectly. Will this device prove to be more of the same?
Lets take a look with our Endura T22 review.
In The Box
The packaging is superb, very clean and well designed with a T22 diagram on the inside of the lid that shows all of the components of the vape mod in an easy to understand fashion. What you will receive in the box:
- Endura T22 Battery – 2000mAh
- T22 Prism Tech Tank – 4ml capacity
- 2 x 1.5 ohm coils (one pre-fitted in the tank)
- USB Charging cable
- Spare ‘O’ rings (The O Rings are spares and do not need to be fitted out of the box)
- Instruction Manual (Check out the PDF manual here for a sneak peek)
- 2000 mAh battery
- Fixed 14W power output
- 1.5 ohm coils with Japanese Organic Cotton
- 4ml Pyrex Tank
- Delrin drip tip
- Top filling tank
- Easy swap coil system
- Short circuit atomizer protection
- Over charge Protection
- Over heat protection
- Over Discharge protection
- Vape while charging technology
Endura T22 Build Quality & Design
The Endura T22 is not designed in a vape pen form, instead the battery is more of a vape mod design. I have been lucky enough to try loads of vape mods (box mods) and have to say the form factor of the T22 is up there with the best designs.
It’s superb – It fits perfectly in my hand and the powder coated finish (I think that’s what is is) lends to a super smooth feel making it a pleasure to hold. The ‘go faster’ stripes on each side provide a little grip to finish things of.
Not an ‘in your face’ design, the T22 is simple, classy and small enough to slip easily into your pocket.
The firing button is solid and has very little rattle and the USB charging port is featured on the same side, not on the base like so many other e cigarettes. This just allows you to stand your device upright while charging.
It seems like a simple thing but these little design additions help make the overall vape experience that little bit better – or maybe that’s just me!
There is no menu system here as it functions at a fixed 14W so no need for a screen or extra buttons that are featured on other box mods you may have seen.
T22 Prism Tank
The T22 tank is a new design that duplicates the Prism technology and easy swap coil system of the Apex tank, which is certainly no bad thing as I love that tank! The coils are the same as those used in the T18 coil so can be swapped between the two.
The one great new addition to the Innokin tanks is the new top fill designs making it super simple to refill your tank with minimum fuss and mess.
Filling the Tank
- Simply unscrew the top piece of the tank
- Drip your e-liquid down the wall of the tank making sure you DO NOT get any juice in the center hole/top of the coil. If you do the latter you may get a mouthful of juice!
- When screwing the top back on I would recommend removing the drip tip first and making sure the top of the coil lines up correctly with the hole where the drip tip fits. This just makes sure that the coil isn’t out of place which could course leaking.
- Wait 5 minutes for the cotton to soak up the e juice and then you are good to go.
So that is it for the looks and build, I’m very impressed with the work Innokin have put in to the Endura T22, both the looks and feel are excellent.
How Does The Innokin Endura T22 Perform?
The T22 is targeted towards new vapers and those that are looking to step up from cig-a-likes. It’s also a great option for vapers that are using a basic vape pen / Ego style e cig that want an improved battery life while still keeping size to a minimum.
So after filling the tank (guidance on that in the previous section) and waiting for 5 minutes for the coils to soak up the e juice we are ready to vape.
For this review I was vaping Colonel Boom Ceasefire which is a 60/40 VG/PG mix.
The flavour from the T22 tank, as with the T18, is excellent. I have used this e liquid with numerous tanks, some of which are the same price as the whole Endura T22 kit and the difference in flavour isn’t a big one.
The vapour produced is also very good bearing in mind this is a 1.5 ohm coil and not a sub ohm vape. The draw through the delrin drip tip is built for mouth to lung, tighter draws.
Prior to carrying out this review I had received an email from an ecigclick.co.uk reader that had purchased the T22 and was concerned that the mouth piece was getting too hot for his lips while vaping.
Keep in mind the Endura T22 is built for mouth to lung vaping.
The way I vape is to take slow and steady 2-3 second draws. I will normally take about 3 separate draws at a time and then rest for a minute and repeat if necessary.
The only way I could replicate the drip tip getting too hot was to do the following:
- Direct lung inhales with a draw/pull that was 3 or 4 seconds in length.
- Even then I would only feel it getting too hot after the 3rd/4th draw.
- Pulling too hard as if you were smoking a cigarette – For new vapers, keep in mind that vaping requires a different draw/pull technique. Slow, soft and steady is the way to go. Not hard pulls.
So if you experience the drip tip getting too hot keep the above in mind. The Endura T22 is designed to be provide a top notch mouth to lung vape and this is the where you will get the best results.
If you are a direct lung vaper then you can definitely still use the T22, just be sure to keep the above points in mind when vaping and go easy with it 🙂
OK, back to the performance!
The tank itself has a 4ml capacity and when paired with the 1.5ohm coil heads should see most vapers through the whole day without needing to refill.
The life of the coils will vary from vaper to vaper. It can depend on many factors such as how much you vape and the the type of juice you use. For me I got through about 2 weeks of moderate vaping before I noticed a change in flavour.
Changing The Coil Heads
This is very simple to do:
- Make sure that the tank has no e juice in it
- Unscrew the base of the tank
- Pull out the coil
- Push in new coil being sure it fits into place correctly
- Screw the base back in place
- Fill tank
How easy is that!
There is one slight downside here for me. The tank has to be empty before replacing the coil so not ideal in that respect. Wouldn’t be a deal breaker though.
Final Innokin Endura T22 Review Verdict
The Endura T22 really is a fantastic kit for new vapers. Innokin have created another entry level product that has no menu’s and no variable wattage settings that can create unnecessary confusion with new vapers.
This is set at an optimal 14W power output that works perfectly with the 1.5ohm coils supplied to provide a superb mouth to lung vape with loads of flavour and plenty of vapour.
I have used all singing, all dancing vape mods and still do, but in the two weeks I have been using the Endura T22 I haven’t felt the need to switch back to any of them. This provided a quality vape with absolutely no fuss with the added bonus of being easy to carry about due to the small size.
For me, Innokin have done it again with another solid, quality product and I have no problem in recommending.
- Superb build quality
- Easy for new vapers to get the hang of and start using within 10 minutes of opening (be sure to buy e-liquid).
- Great battery life
- T22 Tank performs very well in both flavour and vapour volume
- Coils last a reasonable amount of time
- Priced very well for what you get.
The Not So Good
- The only thing for me is that the tank needs to be emptied when swapping out coils.