I have in my hands the super cute Voopoo Argus G kit, the latest addition to the Argus range!
Voopoo have created some real fan favourites over the years starting with the iconic Drag 157 box mod back in 2017! They have moved with the trends introducing Pod Kits, Tanks and highly compatible coil ranges such as the PnP.
What To Expect From The Voopoo Argus G…
This is designed as a slightly more advanced pod kit which is still accessible at a very reasonable price.
You get features such as Variable Wattage (5-25W), adjustable airflow control and the smart capabilities of the excellent GENE AI chipset.
For instance when you install a pod/coil it will set the output to the optimum power setting for that coil. You can always adjust this but you cannot exceed the maximum limit of the coil – this prevents burning the coil out.
An OLED screen shows you all of your vape data and you can press the button manually to fire or use the auto draw simplicity.
Inside the device is a 1000mAh battery and the USB Type C port allows charging at up to 1A charge rate.
The compatibility of this kit is excellent. It comes with 0.7ohm and 1.2ohm Argus fixed coil disposable pods.
However you can also purchase separately the Removable coil Argus pods which take the ITO coils in 0.7ohm, 1ohm, 1.2ohm and 0.5ohm Mesh variants.
You can choose from 7 colours: Sand Drift Gold, Glow Pink, Satin Blue, Space Grey, Racing Green, Aurora Blue and Gloss Black.
- Voopoo Argus G Mod
- 0.7ohm Argus Pod
- 1.2ohm Argus Pod
- USB Type C cable
- User manual
Voopoo Argus G Specs
- Size: 25.7×13.5×110.9mm
- Output: Adjustable – 5-25W
- Battery: 1000mAh (internal)
- Display: OLED screen
- Resistance range: 0.5-3ohm
- USB Type C port – 1A charge rate
- Pods: Refillable fixed coil pods
- Compatible with Argus Pod Cartridges / Argus replaceable coil pods with ITO coils
- Capacity: 2ml
- Adjustable airflow
- Auto draw or button activated fire
Design and Build Quality
I received the Racing Green version and it arrived in a stunning sparkly Silver box!
The device sits on top of the plastic tray insert and a protective sticker over the screen means this should arrive in a pristine condition.
Below the plastic tray is a bag of goodies – where the lanyard, pod, USB C Cable, instructions and pod compatibility guide live.
Even the USB cable is great – it is a good quality flat ribbon style.
The Lanyard is also of great quality – but very tight to get on!
The instructions are brill with many illustrations. The only info I could not find was whether the screen turned off when fully charged. And it doesn’t by the way – more about that in the Quick Start section!
You can also view a digital copy of the instructions here.
Voopoo Argus G Mod
None of my photos manage to do justice to how absolutely stunning this device is!
The body has a shiny mirror finish colour graduation but with some variation around the screen and the base. You will be constantly rubbing this on your clothes as the slightest finger print spoils the beauty of it!
Looking first at the front you have the “ARGUS” logo etched in using the same texture as the frosted finish used above the screen.
Above the screen is a frosted finish panel and the “Gene AI” logo sits here in the shiny finish of the rest of the device.
The base is made from a rubbery material which makes it easy to stand up and it doesn’t scratch the base or any surface you place it on.
The screen display area measures approximately 10mm x 7mm and is very clear. I will talk about the layout further in the review.
Around the screen is a Black gloss panel and this makes the screen invisible until the display comes on.
Below the screen is the round fire button which is approximately 7mm in diameter. This is coloured the same colour as the lighter fading on the mod and has “record” type grooves for texture.
The rear of the device is just the shiny graduated paint finish with the text “Designed By Voopoo” etched in.
One side of the device houses the USB Type C port.
The airflow adjustment slider is located on the other side of the device and this is pretty stiff to move. You can rest assured this is unlikely to move on its own!
Inside the pod compartment you will find the required legal logos and mine had “Sample” printed here.
There are 2 magnets to hold the pod in place and 2 spring loaded contacts.
I have found a bit of “wibbley-ness” in the pod when installed in the mod, but it doesn’t move enough to break connection or fall out on its own.
This is such a beautiful design with amazing attention to detail.
Argus Pod Cartridge
These pods are very lightly tinted so give an excellent view of e-liquid levels even when installed into the mod.
You can tell the pods apart from the clear resistance markings on the fill port cover. I wish all pods were as easy to identify as this!
Talking of filling, the port cover is easy to open and gives access to the 5x4ml fill port. This is a great size and gave me no issues with air locks.
A slight niggle is the fact it can be difficult to get the cover to close fully. You have to keep pushing it until you feel it “pop” closed to seal the pod contents.
At the base of the pod are the legal logos, 4 airflow inlets and the base of the coil provides contact to the mod.
You can install the pod either way around too.
There must be some magnets concealed in the base somewhere to mate up with those on the mod, but they are hidden away!
The mouthpiece is the comfortable and familiar “Duck Bill” style and is ideal.
Remember the coil is sealed so you cannot change it. When the coil performance is crappy you dispose of the pod and replace with a new one.
If you don’t like that idea – you can always buy the Argus replaceable coil pods which are available separately.
Voopoo Argus G Quick Start Guide
This arrives with a pod installed. However to prevent damage an isolator sticker is applied to the base of the pod.
Make sure to fill the pod with e-liquid before removing this sticker. If you don’t and you vape – this will burn the coil out and the pod will be scrap.
So you will need to fill and charge this to get going, but never fear I guide you through all these steps below.
The screen may be small but it has plenty of info!
- The large number (Power) tells you the power output which is adjustable between 5 and 25W.
- Below that is the padlock symbol – this tells you if the fire button is locked or unlocked. The image above shows it locked. When unlocked the top of the padlock will be open.
- Next to the padlock is the “W” symbol to denote “Watts” – the power measurement.
- On the top right is the battery level symbol, when full this is all White as shown above. When empty this will be Black inside, obviously in-between this the graphic will change colour in segments to represent the charge remaining.
- Below the battery icon is the resistance value. This is the coil or pod resistance and the “Ω” or Ohm symbol which denotes the unit of resistance.
- The other value is the puff counter which counts the number of vapes you take. You can go into the menu to reset this to zero if you want. This is handy to keep track of coil or battery life or if you are just curious how much you vape!
- Power On/Off = press the fire button 5 times to turn on. To turn off press 5 times to enter the menu which has the “Power off” option. See “Menu” below.
- Vaping = Either inhale on the mouthpiece or press the fire button to fire.
- Battery indicator = The screen will show the battery level icon.
- Battery indicator when charging = the screen will display the charging progress – it also gives an approximate charge time remaining.
- Adjust airflow = move the lever on the side of the device to open and close the airflow to your preference.
- Adjust output = press the fire button 3 times. The power value will flash. Press the fire button to increase the output and stop when at the level you require. There will be a maximum power depending on the pod installed and after this the power level will return back to 5W and you can keep adjusting.
- Menu = To enter the menu press the fire button quickly 5 times. A menu will appear and press the fire button to cycle through the Puff Clear, Unlock and Power off options. To select the highlighted option hold the fire button down. Lock / Unlock the fire button, clear the puff counter or switch the device off in this menu.
- Low Power – this means the device will cut out soon and needs recharging.
- Atomiser Short – a fault has occurred – clean the base of the pod and the device contacts. If still faulty try a new pod or coil. If this doesn’t fix it you may have a faulty device.
- Time Out – if you vape for longer than 5 seconds the fire will cut out. This is to prevent over heating or if the fire has been triggered accidentally. It should operate as normal on your next vape.
- Temp High – the device is too hot. Leave it to cool.
- Max Power – to prevent you damaging the pod or coil by setting the power too high, this device has pre-set power limits depending on the coil resistance. It will also suggest the optimum power output when you first install the pod.
Also the instructions show you how to clean the contacts – in normal use condensation can occur which may cause issues. Also if there is any leak you will need to clean the contacts.
How To Charge The Battery
The charging rate is specified as 1A.
- Using a USB type C cable connect the small end into the USB port on the mod.
- Connect the large end of the cable into a suitable USB outlet.
- The screen will display the charging progress.
- When fully charged the screen will show “100% 0 Min”. The screen display does not go off when fully charged.
The charging time for me using a 1A charging plug/outlet was 1.5 hours (90 minutes). The estimated charge time shown on the screen was slightly lower than actually required at 82-83 minutes.
How To Fill the Pod
- Remove the pod from the mod.
- Tip the pod on its side with the fill port at the top.
- Lift up and swing the fill port cover out of the way.
- Add e-liquid whilst observing the level through the pod.
- Close the fill port firmly.
- If this is the first fill leave the pod to stand for 5-10 minutes. Take a few dummy inhales on the mouthpiece before inserting the pod into the mod to help with the e-liquid flow.
- Replace the pod in the mod.
How Does the Voopoo Argus G Perform?
I mainly used my own e-liquid mix which is 50/50 PG/VG made from IVG Bubblegum Concentrate at 20% ratio. This is quite high a flavour ratio as I prefer plenty of flavour, but sadly this means it can be a coil killer sometimes.
I add nic salt to approx 6mg strength.
If any of these terms are over your head – have a read of our handy guides below!
- MTL V DTL V RDL – A Guide To Vape Styles
- VG and PG in E-liquid – all you need to know
- Beginners guide to E-liquid
- Nic Salt E-liquid
0.7ohm Argus Pod
From my very first vape the flavour was epic and wow a lot more clouds than I expect for a low power device! Very delicious in fact!
When I installed this pod – the mod selected the 16W output level and to be honest this was spot on and I didn’t adjust it any further!
What an absolute beauty! This is the first pod kit I have tried from Voopoo and now I can see why they are so popular!
All the sweet notes from my Bubblegum flew out and there was a great throat hit despite me only using 6mg nicotine. The warmth of the vape enhanced the flavour even more.
Personally I probably wouldn’t go above 10mg nicotine strength with this pod as you would have to turn the power down which means the quality of flavour and vapour would suffer. Also if you turn it down too low the liquid won’t vaporise and you will get a gob full of e-juice.
So far 35 refills (around 2100 puffs) in the flavour is just starting to drop and I am averaging around 60 puffs per pod fill. However I do take long vapes so it may be a larger puff count with stronger nicotine e-liquid as you will take shorter vapes.
Voopoo specify the pod life should be around 14ml – well its 70ml for me so far and still going strong!
I am amazed this is soooo good! It’s a 10/10 from me!
1.2ohm Argus Pod
This pod is designed for higher nicotine strengths to give a smoother throat hit than the 0.7ohm would provide.
The device set the output at 10W automatically which I found to be slightly too cool for my liking so I upped the power to 11W.
At this level the vape is lovely, loads of flavour and very smooth. I personally prefer the 0.7ohm pod as it suits my 6mg nicotine strength – but if you use higher nicotine strengths this will be the pod for you.
For instance 20mg nic salt is super smooth in here, no coughing your bum hole up.
I found I was averaging 60-80 puffs per fill and so far have performed 10 refills and the flavour is exactly the same as the first puff.
I will rate the airflow on a scale of 0-10. 0 being fully closed and 10 being breathing fresh air!
With the 0.7ohm pod I found this to have a good range of adjustment. Fully closed there is a slight airflow – enough to make the device auto fire so I would say it is around 0.5. Fully open this is around a 5. This is perfect for MTL vaping and could be decent if you enjoy a RDL vape.
For the 1.2ohm pod it felt like the airflow was more open which is odd! But quickly swapping between the two pods confirmed that the airflow was exactly the same as the 0.7ohm.
The auto fire is super quick as is the button firing whatever airflow setting you use. Some kits with auto fire can struggle when the airflow is fully open – but no problems on the Argus G!
I loved the Smart output setting, where the device sets the output to suit the coil resistance. This was spot on and you can really trust it. It means no worrying about what power level you should select.
Also the fact that the device will not let you exceed the maximum recommended power for the coil prevents you accidentally burning the coil out too.
The power output remains stable regardless of the amount of battery charge remaining. The vape does not get weak and it actually took me by surprise when the “LOW POWER” prompt appeared on the screen!
A minor frown from me is the fact there is no battery charge percentage remaining info on the screen, but it is no deal breaker!
Plus sometimes when in the menu and trying to select a function (unlock / lock for instance) the first time you hold down the fire button to select doesn’t work. So you have to do another long press. It can also take a while for the selection to register sometimes meaning you are pressing the fire button down for a while. But once set up I rarely need to go into the menu – I have only been making adjustments for this review.
Also another niggle is that the device resets to the suggested output when you remove the pod. I set it to 11W for the 1.2ohm pod but after removing the pod for filling it would default back to 10W.
I have had zero leaks at all. You can get a small amount of condensation which is normal – so just give the pod base a quick wipe.
This will vary due to your own vaping habits, coil installed and power level selected.
As a guide with the 0.7ohm pod set at 16W I got on average 220 puffs – around 6 hours of my heavy vaping!
For the 1.2ohm pod at 10W the battery life was obviously a lot longer at around 8-9 hours and 280-300 puffs.
- Absolutely stunning design and attention to detail
- 70ml pod life for me (0.7ohm pod) – Voopoo state it should be 14ml!
- Excellent build quality
- Generous kit contents
- No worries about what power level to select as device is spot on with the power suggestion – you can trust it!
- You cannot set the power too high as the device won’t let you
- Amazing 0.7ohm pod, very smooth 1.2ohm pod.
- 1000mAh battery is surprising when you see how light and thin this is
- Compatible with fixed coil and replaceable Argus pods
- Adjustable output and airflow are always welcome!
- MTL to RDL airflow adjustment
- Stable power output
- Great battery life
- Slight wobble to pod when installed
- Menu and adjustment is a bit fiddly with only 1 button and a bit buggy
- To turn off you need to enter the menu
- 5 second vape cut-off – might not be long enough for some
- Mirror finish means you will always be wiping this (minor moan though really!)
- It is a bit slow to charge at 1.5 hours
- Device resets to default power level when you remove the pod
Final Review Verdict
There are so many amazing things about this kit.
Just from first impressions this is so beautiful and the attention to detail in the design is epic.
Build quality only dropped 0.5 points due to the slightly wobbly pod. In use this is not an issue and the connection is not affected.
Ease of use has dropped a few points as there is only 1 button for adjustment, so this can be a bit fiddly and there were moments where selections were not registered.
Design has dropped a mark for the slow charging, only 1A (a lot of kits have 2A charge rates) and this meant a wait of 90 minutes for a full charge.
I did think this kit would be difficult for technophobes but to be honest the device sets the output for you so there may be no need to adjust the output.
But you do have to go through a menu if you want to turn this off which might be a bit too techy for some people – for instance my late Mom would have dismissed this kit for that reason!
The 0.7ohm pod blew me away with the flavour and vapour – just wow – this is a beauty! It is a similar story with the 1.2ohm which is a lot smoother and ideal for higher nic strengths. Also there is a great airflow adjustment range to keep MTL and RDL vapers happy.
Despite Voopoo claiming the pod will last for 14ml of e-liquid, so far I have got through 70ml with my 0.7ohm and the flavour is just starting to drop off now! So a rare case of a manufacturer underestimating efficiency!
I would suggest this is a perfect intermediate vape kit or ideal for more tech savvy beginners. Also as a second kit when out and about and fancy a quick nic hit this is just right.
The traditional Voopoo performance is at play here and despite a few minor moans I bloody love it and highly recommend! It feels like a way higher quality kit than the price would suggest.
By the way – bought another one – yep in Pink and it’s gorgeous!
Did you buy the Voopoo Argus G? Let us know your thoughts in the comments below.